Polyjuice Potion for Christmas: Secret Existence

McGonagall left us alone and I zoned out. I zoned back in to see a fire, “What did you do?”

“I swear I didn’t, there was nothing I could do,” Harry said, but he wasn’t talking to me.

“About time, he’s been looking bad for weeks now. Fawkes is a phoenix Harry. They burst into flames when it’s time for them to die and are reborn from the ashes. It’s a shame you’re seeing it on burning day, it’s usually quite magnificent.” Dumbledore explained.

“We didn’t do it,” I said quickly.

The Hagrid burst in, “Professor Dumbledore they couldn’t have done it. They were with me. I’d be prepared to declare it in front of the ministry,” Hagrid started to ramble waving around his dead chicken.

“Hagrid, I never thought it was them,” Dumbledore said to my relief and Harry’s.

“Of course not sir, but,” Hagrid realized what had been said. “Sorry, I’ll be going.” He walked out.

“Harry you may go, unless something is bothering you,” He said. Harry shook his head and left.

I sighed and sat down, “What’d I do this time? I really can’t remember.”

“About a week ago there was a problem in your potions class,” He started. I nodded. “Please tell me it wasn’t you.”

“I can honestly say it wasn’t me,” I said wanting to laugh. “I will admit to laughing at the swollen Slytherin kids. We really don’t get along, at all. If I was gonna prank them it would be way bigger and less amateur. An exploding cauldron is like level one pranks, I’d pull level two or higher.” I assured him.

“If anything happens to Slytherin I now know to blame you,” He smiled.

I objected, “Or Fred and George. Their pranks are amazing.”

“Go have a wonderful day,” Dumbledore smiled. “And stay out of trouble.”

“I’ll try,” I smiled and ran out.

Term ended which meant most people were gone. They had gone home for the holidays. It pretty much was the Weasleys, Hermione, a few others, and me. It was awesome. Finally Christmas morning came and Hermione woke me up. We both gathered up gifts and went to wake up Harry and Ron.

“Happy Christmas,” I said waking them up. We all exchanged gifts. It was fun, and there were no unexpected gifts. Well not for us anyways. After we briefly discussed the plans for tonight I slipped away. Last year I’d gotten two very unexpected gifts, this year I would give two gifts back. I’d gotten Dumbledore something silly that he had once told Harry he wanted socks. For Snape it was a copy of the photo of him and mum from the locket. I had copied it, made it bigger, and framed it. I dropped off the gifts outside their rooms and hurried to the Great Hall.

“Where were you?” Ginny asked.

I smiled, “I’ve been here the whole time Ginny.”

“I didn’t notice. Happy Christmas,” She said.

“Happy Christmas,” I replied smiling.

Finally it was time and the people we were pretending to be were out of the way. We all tried to gulp down the potion. It was ghastly. It was like a combination of mud, sand, and rotten milk. Finally it was over.

“Hermione we have to go,” I said pounding on the door.

She replied in a small voice, “Go without me. Hurry.” I had the boys go and I stayed behind. As annoyed as I was at the idea of having done this for nothing I felt bad about leaving Hermione alone.

“What happened?” I asked. She unlocked the door and I saw. She had a cat’s face and a tail with a human body. “How did that happen?”

“The hair I plucked off her robes must have been a cat hair,” She said miserably. “And the potion is only meant for-”

“Human transformations,” I finished.

Overall the night was a disaster. Hermione was sent to the hospital wing with a spell gone wrong. We lost our only lead on who the Heir of Slytherin was. All in all it probably wasn’t the best Christmas in the world.

******************************************************************************************************

So another chapter! I have alot to say so I'm gonna try and say it shortly.

1. I have started the facebook page. I am going to have a competition for this story and the rules will be posted their. Its in the external link on th right of the page.

2. I did my first interview, its on youtube. That's what the video on the right of the page is.

3. So I've got a deal for you all. If by let's say the time Deathly Hallows comes out (Which I am seeing at the midnight premeire!) I get either 30 likes on facebook, 30 views on the interview, or any combination of tose two things that adds up to 30 I will uplaod the next two chapters, if not you'll get one and I will find a way to write in a cliffhanger to leave you in suspence. This doesn't seem unreasonable considering everything.

4. Thanks to everyone for reading! Vote, Comment, Fan, and most importantly SMILE!