Chapter Twelve - Mind

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed and normal, well, somewhat normal.
Last night had almost felt like a dream, something that only my mind could have conjured up during a long hard sleep.

When my eyes opened, Duke was gone, which was a surprise. It was odd for him to not be there.
I dragged myself out of bed and studied my hair with my hands, it was tacky and oily at the roots, so I headed straight to the shower.

The shower was as equally as refreshing as my nights sleep. I leaned my arms on the wall  of the shower while the warm water washed over my body. It felt beyond repairing and I was sure I had been there for over an hour.
I ran over what had happened last night in my head, reliving the images before turning the water off and hopping out.

I wanted to find out what had happened, and something told me Duke knew.

I threw on a pair of skinny blue jeans and a grey T-shirt and then began downstairs.
I could smell the bacon and eggs cooking instantly.
When I reached the bottom, Riley was there, cooking as I heard Duke and an unknown man talking in the living room.

"Morning pretty, you've arisen just in time, breakfast is ready" He offered as I walked towards him

"Thanks" I weakly smiled, taking a seat along the bench as he dished me the food.

"Who's in there with Duke?" I asked as I chewed a piece of bacon

Riley shrugged "One of Duke and Darius' friends, he's an elder"

"An elder? Why is he here?"
It had to of had something to do with what had happened last night.

"Because you my friend are amazing, but scary all at the same time" He overdramatised a shiver, leaning forward on the bench with his arms.

I stopped chewing and stared at him.

"Relax" He gestured waving a hand "You're extremely rare and extremely interesting"

"I think its weird, and it hurt" I replied

"Once you learn how to control it, it won't hurt as much, at the moment its kind of like an out of control remote control car, you just gotta learn how to use the controller" He explained

"So you know what happened to me? You know what I am?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him

He shrugged "Once you're done here, you're wanted in there. They have the answers you seek" He smiled smugly

"Should I be worried?"

"Not at all, Aldo is a good guy, super smart, super kind, super old" He assured me with a wink "Old people know everything"

I rolled my eyes "Could I be anymore of a freak than I already am? I mean, maybe I should just end my life right here right now"

"I can help, push you off the bridge, it would be a pretty thrilling yet beautiful way to go, although, I'm sure Callum and his homies would stop me, they're sort of obsessed with you" He joked, easing my tension

I scoffed "What I do with my life is none of their business"

"Try telling them that" He snickered back standing upright.

I finished my meal and made my way cautiously towards the voices of Duke and Aldo.
When I entered the room, the men stopped talking, both looking at me, standing.

"This must be our beautiful Rosalie" Aldo greeted, his voice gruff and aged.
He was tall, but hunched. He had a small grey beard and moustache, the hair on his head thinning and white. His eyes were a caramel brown as he watched me carefully.
Within seconds I had noticed.
Aldo was human.