Chapter Eleven - Truth

"How was your day?" Riley inquired when we entered the house.
He remained sunken in on the couch playing his portable game.

"Better than yours obviously" I shot

Riley's eyes fluttered up from his game, glaring at me "I had a very productive day actually, I have beaten all levels except the last" He smiled, acting like a small child

I snickered
"Where's Duke?"

Riley shrugged, returning to his violent beating on the games buttons
"Can you keep a secret?" He asked, his eyes darting back to me.
I threw my body down on the lounge beside his "Probably not" I smiled, tilting my head sideways to look at his paused game

"Duke thinks an Angel has been sent here by Callum to look out for you" He grinned, whispering "So he went to spy"

"Duke is paranoid" I groaned "Callum didn't even seem to care that I was coming here"

"I don't really care either way" Riley replied holding his hands up "But it wouldn't surprise me if there was someone watching you from his end"

"Why? Because of the Rogue's?" I blankly asked.
Rileys gaze turned hard on mine

"Callum should really learn to keep his mouth shut" He grumbled shaking his head

"At least he's telling me the truth" I shot back

"What he's telling you, you don't need to know" He quickly responded

I scoffed "Like the real reason you all brought me here?" I tried, hoping he'd spill about it without me having to ask.
I'd pretended as though I already knew.

"And what might that be Rosalie?" He asked, his full attention on me.

Damn.

"You tell me" I tried being as serious as I could, folding my arms across my chest.

He snickered and shook his head before returning his attention back to his game.
I scoffed in reply and stormed off into the kitchen.
Why wasn't anybody willing to give me answers?
If there was a special reason that I had been brought here, why not tell me? Duke knew what had happened the last time he had lied to me, was he willing to risk it happening again?

I felt angry, taking my frustration out on slapping myself together a sandwich with whatever ingredients I could find.
I leaned on the counter top and ate my snack, trying to calm myself down.
When I would begin to relax, my thoughts fought back. I was sure that when Duke came home, he would make some lie up about where he had been and it would only tip my anger off more.
If Duke did decide to lie, I was going to call him out on it. I didn't care how much trouble Riley got into for telling me where he had really been.

When I heard the front door lightly close shut, I knew this was the moment of truth.
I had finished my sandwich and stood ready.
I waited, listening to Duke and Riley lightly talking with one another. Unfortunately, I couldn't make out their words.
Finally, his footsteps became audible and he appeared in the kitchen doorway.

"Afternoon" He smiled walking towards me.
I folded my arms across my chest so he instantly knew where I stood
"What's the matter?" He asked, his smile vanishing as he noticed my obvious look of disdain

"Where were you?" I asked, sounding like a suspicious housewife

"Taking care of some things" He replied moving closer to me.
I chewed the inside of my cheek and narrowed my eyes at him

"What kind of things?" I pushed as he stood directly in front of me

"Does it matter?" He asked tilting his eyebrows at me