Chapter Ten - Toujours l'amour

"Ready to go?" Jaymi asked as I finished up my meal of bacon and eggs, my second serving.

"Sure am" I sighed, glad my stomach had been kind, so far

"Have fun" Riley called from the living room, his fingers tapping vigorously while playing his PSP

"Be good" Duke smiled as he leaned against the kitchen counter top watching me intently

"Never" Jaymi joked, linking her arm in with mine, pulling me away towards the front door. I gave Duke one last smile and wink before loosing sight of him.

"I'm going to take you for a tour around the streets, then when lunch comes I'm taking you to that adorable little cafe I was telling you about" She instructed as we walked outside into the crisp cool air.
People were scattered about, soaking in the weather. Various people paused to look at us, almost as if sniffing the tourists out, - or it could have been because Jaymi was beside me, model gorgeous.

"I'm glad to see you're all better today Rosie" She commented looking me up and down

"Me too" I smiled, letting her pull me forcefully upwards towards the bridge I had seen last night.

"This is so surreal" I daydreamed, looking over the bridge as we stepped on top.
It was curved stone, the edges on either side strong and safe despite the age.
Small lamps were situated on each end of the wall, classic and formal. The water beneath glistened a light blue, reflecting off of the sunlight above in a mesmerising way.

"It is isn't it? That's why I like it so much. It's almost like living a dream" She agreed as we stepped off the bridge entering another street where more people sprawled out, staring as we passed. Jaymi didn't seem to notice it.

"So, I know this is going to sound personal, but I'm going to ask anyway. What did you do to piss Duke off so bad this morning?" Jaymi asked as we passed two young children playing with a skipping rope

"He was angry?" I asked, my eyebrows creasing as I absorbed in the passing scenery

"His eyes said it all when he came downstairs" She continued, making me feel uncomfortable.
It hadn't been anger, it was lust.

"Oh, that" I shyly replied, feeling stupid, searching my brain for a lie that would work

"Were you talking about Callum again?" She asked, half sighing as she raised her eyebrows

I didn't say anything, remembering Callum back home who I had forgotten about since landing in Paris.

"Never mind. I can feel its none of my business" She smiled, relieving me of my aching brain "See there, that's where Duke's father proposed to his mother" She pointed as I followed her finger towards a small cafe.

Its windows were large and slightly pushed open, allowing insiders a view of the narrow leafy street outside.
On one section of the window were the words 'toujours l'amour' painted in white, steadily written in beautiful calligraphic text. Inside I could see wooden tables, round with white table clothes on top. Customers were seated inside, some young couples and others older couples.
It was a lovers paradise, no hooligans in sight to disrupt the peace.

"What does it mean?" I asked, stopping outside of the windows, looking at the flowing exaggerated letters

"It means 'always love'. The owners wanted it to be remembered as a place that would always give love, and in return, receive love.
It's always worked, it's kind of perfect. If I were to ever meet the right man, I would want him to pop the question right there" She smiled, proud of her knowledge

"It does seem perfect for it" I pondered, looking at the cafe and its beautiful interior. Jaymi nodded before shaking her head, pulling herself from her trance.
I giggled and followed her when she began pulling me further up the street.