Chapter 13

Paul's POV

Pain. That's all that's ever know. Pain, and the sound of someone crying as it slowly ripped my

heart open; only causing more pain.

--

"Paul!" That voice... I knew it... "I love you, come back!"

'Come on, get up,' a new louder voice said. I managed to focus on it. 'Your mate weeps for you! Wake up!'

My... Mate?

'Get up! At least open your eyes, dammit!' Trying as hard as I might, I couldn't even flutter my eyes open. Suddenly the darkness sprung up, catching me in it's grasp.

--

Cherry's POV

As I rested my head on his silent chest, I herd something.

Dun-dah.

I froze. It sounded again.

Duh-dah.

Then it became faster and rhythmic.

'A heartbeat!' my inner wolf yelled.

"Paul!" I yelled. "I love you, come back!" His body twitched, but gave no response after words. I looked down at his body, which had long ago returned to human.

Lifting my arm, I beat down over his heart. Beat after beat. Then I herd it beating.

His body shifted, then he sucked in a breath.

Him... Paul... My mate... Was alive!!

--

Paul's POV

My eyes fluttered open. Arms wrapped around me.

"Paul!" I paused for a surprised second, then hugged her back.

"Cherry?" She gazed up at me, tears dragging down her face. "Why are you crying?" I asked, carressing her cheek.

"You... were... dead."

'We fell,' my inner wolf said. 'I over herd them talking as our heart re-started.'

"I don't mean to leave you," I said, yanking her tighter to my body. "I'm sorry. Now please stop crying."

"They're tears of happiness," she mumbled. I shook my head.

"Tears are tears." She looked up at me. She blinked the wetness away. I smiled at her, and she returned it.

"You came back," she whispered. I kissed her cheek.

"I love you, too."

--

I carried Cherry into our town. Jason walked to my right. Stefan and Sofia, who held Corria, walked to my left. We were headed for Cherry and I's home. The three from my mother's pack were going to return home the next morning. Jason bowed his head once we reached the house.

"I am sorry," he said, his voice soft. Cherry had fallen asleep. "I wish I could have helped before you fell." I shrugged.

"No worries, dude." He smiled and walked away. I turned around and fallowed the others inside. Cherry stirred in my arms, sighing. I kissed her forehead. She smiled up at me.

"Hey," she murured.

"Hi," I said back. I was so happy to see her. "Sleep well?"

"Yeah, I love being in your arms," she admitted, a light blush touching her cheeks.

"Good night!" Sofia called from the living room. That's where they were going to sleep tonight.

Cherry shifted in my arms so her legs were wrapped around my waist, then kissed me deeply. I kissed her back, instantly turned on. And I could smell she was, too. Before I realized it, I was already in our room, laying her on the bed.

'As much as I know we want to mate her, we probablly shouldn't mate her again tonight,' my inner wolf said. 'Cause she almost lost you tonight. Her heart needs to heal more.' I almost sighed.

"Babe," I said, stopping her from going any farther. I knew my voice was strained as she frowned at me. "I think we should cuddle tonight." Her frown became an amused grin.

"My inner wolf told me the same thing," she said. "But I don't want to have to 'wait'. I want my mate. NOW." And that was all it took.

--

Cherry's POV

Even though the sun had risin, and the couple in the living room had left, we still didn't want to leave the bed. He just laid there, holding me in his arms against his chest.

"Baby, don't you have Alpha duties today?" he asked. I shook my head.

"No. Jason will do it for me today."

"Why?"

"Cause he knows the pain of losing a mate." He sighed.

"Oh." I chuckled. "What's so funny?"

"I'm just happy I did not lose you," I said. He nodded.

"Yeah. How does Jason cope?"

"His daughter."

"Ah, I see." I nodded. "Anyways, rest some more. Tomorrow I'd like to learn my Alpha male duties," he explained. I smiled.

"Alright." My eye lids closed and I fell asleep.

----------------------------------------------

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!

....please? lol

anywho, hope you enjoyed. please tell me what you thought. purddy please.

next chapter soon!!!

-Stormy