Chapter 12

Cherry's POV

I sat on my window seal, gazing out at the moon. Paul slept curled up in my bed. I was so releived that he agreed we were too young. I could handle not having my full Alpha power for a couple years before I had pups.

A knock on my door made me jump. I wrapped my blanket tigher around me body, cause I was naked, and headed down stairs. I opened the door and Jason stood there.

"Jason? What's going on?" He sighed.

"There's a pair of wolves here, claiming they wanted to speak with you." Behind him I saw Sofia and Stefan walking up to my home. Around them were guards from my pack. Arms wrapped around me.

"Well, I figured they'd show up," Paul murmured. He stepped up to my side, and I was thankful that he had pulled on his jeans. "Hey," he said as they came up my porch stairs.

"You call may leave," I murmured. Jason frowned.

"No offence, Alpha, but these are two opposing wolves, and we aren't sure about hi-" I looked at him, and he ineditaly when silent.

"Leave, Jason. These two have saved my life many times," I said, my Alpha tone strong. "Take them with you, too." The momment he left, Sofia and Stefan bowed their heads in respect. Paul returned it. I simply nodded.

"So, what can I do for you?" I asked, all bussiness.

"Well," Sofia sighed, "we need some help." I nodded for her to go on. "Corria has been taken!" Sofia started crying, and Stefan wrapped his arm around her.

"When?" Paul demanded. I sighed. Yeah, I love that little girl, but they had their own Alpha. I held up my hand, quieting Paul.

"Why not go to Raven and Damien?" I asked. Sofia shook her head.

"She's too bussy making sure we have a strong defensive line," Stefan answered. "Damien thinks that you will attack like your father. And Raven doesn't want to deal with you anymore because you took her son." Stefan looked up at Paul.

"So you don't think that Raven will help save one of the youngest members in the pack?" Paul demanded.

"No," Sofia cried, "she's put almost everything into Damien's hands, and he's too busy. She told us to take care of it our selves." I grew angry.

"Paul, stay here with Sofia. I'll howl for Jason and have my pack keep an eye out for Corria," I said, then turned to Stefan. "Take me to Raven. It's time she and I share some words."

--

Paul's POV

Sofia had fallen alseep on the couch as I paced in the living room. What was up with my parents? Why would they throw away a young pup's life? Corria was going to be the next generation! To throw her away means they don't care about the furture... oh, shit.

*flash back to when Paul was eleven*

"Damien, honey, I would never give up one of us to them,"  my mom said to Dad.

"Think about it, the Blood Pack Alpha would do anything to ruin our pack," Dad said. I sat the silently listening, while eating dinner. "At some point in time, we're going to have to make sacrafices." She sighed, as if my dad was right. But, weren't Alpha's suposted to keep EVERYONE safe?

*end flashback*

I shook my head.

"This is not good," I whispered.

'Not at all,' my inner wolf agreed. 'If your mom is letting your father basically take over for now, then I think they're making 'sacrafices' right now,' he said. I held back a growl. The door suddenly burst oepn. Jason stood there, breathing hard.

"She's been found!" he whispered. I nodded and took off after him, leaving Sofia to sleep. We shifted and I followed after Jason, passing through our little villiage. Just out side the East part of our land, a river sat there. Above it was a waterfall. Laying in the middle of the water fall, on a rock that stuck just outside the water, was Corria; but in her tiny wolf form.

And she wasn't moving. No one was moving to save her. I lept onto a near by rock.

"Wait, you won't make it!" I kept leaping up higher and higher. I stoped about ten feet from her rock. There was no other rock closer.

'Do it,' my inner wolf said. 'Save her!' I coiled my muscles, then leapt.

--

Cherry's POV

Just as I reached my home villiage, I buckled over in pain. My head swam.

"Cherry?" Stefan asked, touching my shouder.

'It's not you who's been hurt,' my inner wolf said. Oh, no, Paul! I took off, sniffing around.

"Stefan, go get your mate, she's at my house. I gotta go to Paul!" I found his fresh scent, and followed it. The scent took me to the river at the base of the waterfall. Several men were at the water line. Jason sat nearby, a tiny wolf in his arms.

"Jason!" I ran up to him. "That's Corria!" He nodded, but wouldn't look me in the eyes. "What happened?" He looked down at the river bed just as they pulled up a wolf. "Paul?" I crept forwards.

"I'm sorry," Jason murmured. Tears began to run down my face.

"Paul!" I knet down beside him, gently pulling his massive head onto my lap. My hand ran over his muzzle, forehead, and ears. "No, no, no," I cried. My heart felt as if it was breaking. "You can't do this to me," I whipered, laying my head on his. "No."

When one of the females who had helped pull him out approched, I snarled. She backed away.

"Corria!" Sofia's voice echoed off the rocks, but didn't really matter to me. I had lost him... my mate...

-----------------------------------------------

if you hate me, i understand! but, i left this chapter like this for the next chapter. maybe after that one you wont hate me, lol. anyways, please comment and tell me what you think!!! please!!

oh, and it'd be awesome if some could make me cover pic. please, cause idk how, lol.

-Stormy