Chapter 20

ugh, stupid power outages! Made me a lier! Lol. I promised an upload yesterday, but up in Alaska we had a massive power outage. My phone died and no power ment to laptop. But that's okay, I'm getting to upland now. I really am glad to see things are kinda picking back up in my readers. And this time, can we try for five votes again and three comments before next upload? It'd make my day, hardcore. =] but, hope you enjoy!

=====================================================

Paul's POV

Corria silently sat across the table from her parents. Around them stood my parents. Cherry stood in my arms, shaking her head.

Corria had refused to speak about what had happened, and why her wolf had taken over.

"Why won't you speak to us?" Sofia burst. My inner wolf sighed.

'We already know she isn't going to speak.'

"I thought it's time we went home," I suggested, looking down at Cherry. Being pregnant, I didn't want her to be gone for so long from our pack doc.

She nodded.

"Raven, Damien, Stefan, Sofia, we are going to head home," Cherry said. All nodded good-bye... Too worried about Corria to manage anything else.

Cherry took my hand and we headed for the door. We walked silently, for I knew she was lost in thought. Before we reached the border, I paused, tugging her to a stop.

"Okay, I'll bite. What's going on in that mind of yours?" I asked softly. She sighed, resting her hand on her slightly swollen tummy.

"Paul, it this what we have to look forward to with our child?" she demanded, her eyes watering. Ever since she became pregnant, Cherry cried a lot.

"Cherry, she'll be safe. Our child will be spoiled by our pack, and several wolves from my mother's pack with protect her."

"But that's what everyone thought about Corria..." I took my mate's face in my hands, kissed her forehead.

"Can we not worry? I just want to get us home, safely."

"Let me call Jason and Max." She tipped her head back, and howled. They returned the howl, and I could tell they were close.

Even though I knew two of our men were coming, I was still on edge as the sounds of twig snapping found us. We were on the edge of the unclaimed land. Anything could happen...

~

Cherry's POV

I chuckled when Paul jumped as Jason and Max leapt into sight. Turning my back, I allowed them to shift and pull pants on.

"We've been running the borders every minute so we could be here when you came home," Max said. I looked at Jason with a raised eye brow.

"And what about the duties with the pack?" I asked.

"I've been doing them," Jason said, smiling. "Tonight everything was peaceful, so I ran with Max. No worries." I smiled and nodded.

Paul took my hand and headed for home. The forests were silent, but I knew a few Rogues had to watching us, but they kept silent and unseen.

Max and Jason stayed on full alert, no doubt worried about their pregnant Alpha.

We reached our land without a problem. As Max and Jason veered off to do their own things, Paul directed me to the pack Doc.

"Ah, Alpha Brooks," he greeted as we walked into his cabin, "what can I do for you?"

"Just here for a baby check up." He nodded. I sat in the chair, holding my arm up. Doc took some blood and placed it in a machine.

"I need you to remove that sweatshirt, I have to see how big you've grown."

I peeled if Corria's large sweatshirt off. He gently tugged my shirt up and examined my swollen tummy.

My stomach was already getting bigger by day.

"Doc, is there any way to see what sex the baby is?" Paul asked. The console behind the Doc beeped and he turned to it.

"Paul, you just asked the right question," he said. "I took blood to see if I could tell you the sex today. And I can."

Five minutes later, and some jelly across my belly, an image of my baby appeared on the screen of another machine.

"Can we record this?" Paul whispered, staring at the screen. The Doc nodded and hit a button.

"This area," Doc said, pointing to the right side, "is where it'll show. And... It's a little girl."

I gazed up at Paul, who had a happy smile on his face. I smiled softly,

A little baby girl. Perfect.

~

Zap's POV

I held in a yip as his teeth cut through my skin.

"How dare you!" my father snarled, tossing me. "She could lead them straight here!" I laid there, not caring.

Not like I'd see her again. Her pack would kill me first. Another reason I hated packs. No one controls me.

'Tell that to your father,' my inner chimed, making me refocus on my pissed off father.

He was right. My father was the only one who ever had control over me...

My body was suddenly filled with energy as I stood up.

"Got anything to say?!" I snapped my teeth at my father, causing him to pause.

"Now listen here!" I snarled. "I am no longer a pup! And I am sick of you and your bullshit."

He growled and his hackles rose. Mine did too.

'This is it, Zapitia,' my inner wolf whispered, 'prove yourself.'