Chapter 14

*two years later*

"You must do it," Adrian said, sighing. "If you do not, you will not be able to keep us protected." I laid my hand on my side, which was covered in bandages. In a battle against rogues, I had been wounded. But Paul had saved me from dying.

"Do what?" Paul demanded, sitting on the bed next to me. "She's only just woken! Leave her alone."

"You. Don't. Understand," Adrian snarled, "you were born to a true Alpha family, she was not. Cherry must bare you child to truly gain Alpha power! How do you think you were able to over come the rogues, but she was not?"

"Cherry and I are waiting," Paul mumbled, growling lightly.

"Waiting is not the right thing to do!" Adrain hissed. "You need-"

"I herd you the first time!" I burst, shoving to my feet, which put me face to face with Adrain. "You once told me years ago that it didn't matter!"

"Until now," he said. "Now both packs are being attacked by rogues, and you are not strong enough to keep them from killing us!"

"But I am," Paul said, standing.

"No disrespect," Adrain muttered, "but you are not our Alpha. You are the Alpha's mate. It's up to our Alpha to lead us down the correct path, and keep us safe."

"Leave," I hissed, sitting back down, holding my side. My sudden shove to my feet ripped my wound open. "Paul."

"Ah, shit!" He gripped the edge of my shirt, then looked over his shoulder at Adrain. "LEAVE!" Adrain left as fast as he could. "Alright, let's patch you up again."

Once he was done, I laid my hand on his as he started to return my shirt.

"He's right," I whispered. Paul frowned "I am not strong enough."

"Yes, you are, hon. Don't let-" I shook my head, stopping his words.

"I was not able to protec my pack," I said sadly, "and if being ready for a pup means that I can be stronger and protect them, then so be it."

"But it will be years before you will be able to leave the child," he murmured. "Once you have our pup, you will be protective over it, yourself, and myself. Your pack will come second. Look at Stefan and Sofia. They went around their Alpha years ago and asked us for help. All for their child." I looked down at my hands.

Everything he said was true.

"But... you'll always be here, right? I mean, you can help to keep me like

I am now." Paul took my hands, and made me look up at him.

"Cherry, love, let's not argue over this." He crawled up on the bed, and rested me across his chest. "Just get some rest. Then we'll talk more about this." I nodded and closed my eyes.

--

*sexual content*

 I sat forward quickly, my hand grasping at my heart. That dream... it felt so... real. tears began running down my face.

"Cherry?" Paul sat up next me. "Wha- why are you crying?" he demanded.

"I dreamt that you died," I whispered. He hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead.

"But I didn't die, love, I'm right." True, I thought, feeling his warmth. "Now, please stop crying." I whipped the moisture away from the corners of my eyes. I tilted my head up, and kissed him. He returned it instantly. But when I pushed for me, he chuckled and pulled away. "Cherry..."

"But... I want to." I pouted.

"You want to what?" he asked. I looked him in the eyes. Yes, I had to be ready. No, not had to. I was.

"I want to have your pup," I answered. He froze.

"Do you really?" he pressed. "Or are you saying that because Adrain says you must?" I straightened my shoulders.

"You are my mate. It's only natural. And I truly do." He suddenly kissed me.

"You know, I never thought that I would be father," he admitted, resting his head on my forehead.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Probably because until you came along, I did want a mate, which meant no pups." I nodded. For the longest time, I agreed with him.

"What about now? Will you let me give you a pup?" He kissed me again, but this time he laid me back on the bed. He pushed between my legs, but didn't move. We kept kissing. "Paul," I moaned when he licked his mark on my shoulder.

His man-hood grew hard against my core, making me gasp. He sat up and yanked his shirt off, then reached out to un-do my pants. Next came his pants, leaving me in my matching underwear and him in his boxers. We began grinding on each other until it was like he couldn't stand it anymore.

What little clothing we wore, he removed. With a slight pause, he pushed into me. I gasped, then moaned. The feeling of him in me hadn't changed since day one. He moved slowly, drawing out all the sensations we felt. His kisses were soft and gentle.

I flipped us over, and rocked my hips back and forth on his waist. He groaned, his nails digging into the skin on my thighs. Leaning down, I kissed him deeply. My pace started to quicken when I left that my orgasm was close.

Suddenly, he flipped us over again, and just like before, he kept his pace slow; dawing out the sensations.

My orgasm hit me, and I screamed his name. He came then, too, filling me with his seed. As our orgasm called, we slowly relaxed against each other. Paul rested down, laying across me; but didn't pull out.

--

Paul's POV

So, it was done. From her changing scent, I knew it. She was pregnant with my pup. Her scent was now mingled with mine, for we had completely mated. I slowly pulled out of her, and kissed her forehead.

"Paul?" I nodded. "We should probably go out." I frowned.

"Do what?"

"It's daytime." She pointed to the window, and saw the sun had risen while we were busy. "And our pack needs to see me and make sure I'm not dead." Oh, right.

'Don't let her leave alone,' my inner wolf said. 'She has our pup in her.'

'Agreed.' We dressed and headed outside. The pack members were already up and about. When they saw us, they stopped and bowed their heads.

"She's alive!" voices called out. Cherry smiled and took my hand. This what we were truly apart of. A whole pack. And now, we could completely keep each other and our packs safe.

----------------------------------------------------------

This chapter feels short, but I hope it was a good one.

comment! please! im begging here!  lol. but seriously.

next chapter soon

-Stormy