Chapter Three

Paul's POV

It felt like days until the storm let up. The sky was close to being blue again, and birds chirped. Cherry slept in my arms as I walked through my town. She has said she ran away, and that her father had sent a male after her. Maybe my mother would know what to do.

"Drop the female," a voice growled behind me. I turned around and came face to face with a black wolf. His eyes were on Cherry.

"What do you want?" I demanded. The male growled.

"The female. Her father gave her to me." That's when it clicked. She had ran away, and this was the male her father sent after her. She had said that he would claim her. I felt almost sick to my stomach. No one should ever be given away.

I growled.

"Leave, now. I can smell you're an unknown wolf, so leave." The wolf chuckled.

"And what right do you have to tell me that?" I grinned, set her down gently, then faced him again.

"I am the son of Raven, the true Alpha female." The male's eyes grew wide.

"And you're protecting her?" This time he laughed. "That female is the daughter of the Blood Pack Alpha." My head whipped back to her. Her eyes were open. And she has a look of horror on her face.

--

Cherry's POV

He knew. Shay has told him who I was, and now he knew. He knew my father was the man who had plans to kill his mother. Shay lept forward. Paul met him face on, his oun teeth ripping through his neck. Shay fell, and didn't move. I knew he wasn't dead, though, cause that wound alone wouldn't kill a werewolf.

"You!" I stood and began backing up from Paul. "You knew who I was from the start, didn't you?! You needed to get somehow close to me so you help kill my mother!" His fist lashed out, and everything went dark.

--

I woke to voices, angry voices.

"She's here to kill you!"

"Look at her, she's a simple run away. You said it your self, a male true did come after her."

"But, Love, she's from the Blood Pack!" My eyes flew up. When I tried to stand, I realized I was tied to a chair. The voices had stopped. I looked up and found myself in the pressance of five people.

"Hi, I'm Raven," one female said. I could feel the power rolling off of her. I averted my eyes and gazed at my feet.

"I know who you are." Paul growled, causing me to flinch.

"Do that again," Raven snarled, "and I will send you out of the room." Even with the silence, I didn't look up. "Anyways, how exactly do you know me?" This time I did look up. Her face had been memorised in my mind since I was young.

"You killed my mother." I watched as everyone but Raven and her son tensed, waiting for me to attept an attack.

"Do you hold that against me?" I shook my head. "And why not?"

"Because of my father, she was dead inside before you ended her life," I answered simply. Anger surged through me. "My father deserves an end worse than death!"

"Is that why you ran away?" a different female asked. I nodded.

"Of course. Had I stayed there, I know what would have happened. My father would given me away to his Beta, then thrown his pack away in atepts to kill you, your mate, and your son," I said, Looking directly at Raven. "If you don't prepare your pack now, you could end up with horrible casualties on your part by the end of it!"