Chapter One

Chapter 1

"Jane, get your ass downstairs now!" My dad screams up the steps to my room

"Ok Dad, calm yourself " I scream right back.

I roll out of bed and trudge down the stairs where he is standing with his hands on his hips. "How may I help you?" I ask sarcastically. "I'm going to work and I won't be back until 8 o'clock tonight, so I need you to watch Carson as the nanny couldn't come over today" my dad tells me. "Alright" I mumble more to myself more than anyone since no-one would have heard me anyway.

With that he kisses my head and ruffles Carsons hair and he's out the door without another look back. I bend down to Carson's level since he's four and barely comes up to my hip and look into his emerald green eyes and can't help but fawn over how cute he really is. His eyes and mine are the only features we have in common, since he has messy dirty blonde hair that falls just below his ears, he definitely looks like our mom. While I look like our dad, with chocolate brown hair that flows to my waist, and my emerald green eyes. I have my slender nose that seems to flare out into large nostrils in my opinion, my high cheekbones and my perfectly plump lips all the girls would kill for. All around everyone keeps saying I'm quite an attractive person with my long and slender body with all the curves in all the right places. But all I see is a small butt and a flat chest; I'm not seeing what they are seeing so they must be blind.

I shake my head clearing my thoughts and look to Carson,'' I'm going to have a shower and afterwards we can go across the street to get pancakes...does that sound good?" I ask him. He wildly nods his head while I wonder how it doesn't fall off as I walk away.

I slowly walk upstairs still half asleep from waking up too early and don't see the last stair so of course I trip over it; I curse loudly and I can hear Carson giggling from downstairs. I sigh and pick myself up and carry along to my bedroom. I pick out my favourite matching white bra and underwear, black high-waisted shortsthat show off my 'curves', and a grey cut off shirt that ends just at the bottom of my ribcage so I can show off my belly button piercing. I quickly grab a towel and my clothes and scurry into the bathroom not wanting to leave Carson alone longer than I needed to.

I turn the water on as hot as it goes and hop in. I quickly lather my hair with my favorite shampoo and and brush out the tangles with my special conditioner. Then I take my peaches and cream body wash and scrub myself down. I hop out dry myself off and throw my clothes on as I brush and dry my hair. I apply some basic makeup, brush my teeth, put on deoderant and perfume, grab my wallet and head downstairs for Carson.

Luckily for me Elmo was on the television and he settled for that. ''You ready Carson?'' I ask him. He turns towards me and nods his head, not much of a talker I guess, maybe he's still shy. I haven't seen him in over a year since my parents split up. I had to stay with my mom to finish my senior year and he decided he wanted to stay with dad. I've only been here a few days now and I'm only here because college is twenty minutes away and it's easier to get there.

I pick Carson up and carry him across the street to the little diner and as we walk in we are greeted by the hostess. Shes a pretty middle aged woman. '' Your son is adorable.'' she gushes and smiles at me. '' Uh thanks, but he isn't my son he's my little brother'' I smile back trying to be polite. ''Oh I'm sorry but you never know these days everyone is 16 and pregnant nowadays'' she replied with a grimace. I laugh and nod my head in agreement. ''Do you want a kids menu for him?'' she asks pointing at Carson, I nod my head yes. She quickly picks up our menus and walks us over to a booth and grabs Carson a booster seat so he can see out the window that we are sitting next to. As I'm waiting for our waiter to come over and take our order, I stare out the window while Carson counts the cars passing by. All of sudden a big black SUV pulls up blocking our window completely . Carson starts whining from not being able to see the cars anymore, so I hand him some crayons the hostess got him and flip over his menu so he can doodle.

I suddenly get tingles and look out the window and lock eyes with the driver getting out of the black SUV. He's gorgeous, beyond gorgeous. My mind is blown into little tiny pieces; I could have melted at his feet. I was already hearing in my head 'Clean up on table twelve we seem to have puddler.'

I hadn't realized I was holding my breath until his eyes leave mine. Slowly he looks down to Carson who is waving like a maniac and hot driver waves back with a smile. But his smile starts to fade when he looks up from Carson to me and then back down to my brother. He probably thinks I'm Carson's mother, great now I look like a mom. The bell above the door jingles as he walks in and I hadn't realized that he had very tall, dark and handsome men walking alongside him. They all took their seats at the little breakfast bar as they say their hellos to all the staff, obviously they are locals.

Finally the waiter arrives to take our order and I order Carson some half dollar pancakes (they're just small pancakes) and I order myself a breakfast omelette, a side of bacon and three buttermilk pancakes. I think I must be growing. As I'm waiting for my food I begin to wonder why I feel so attracted to him...

Caine's P.O.V

"Hey Caine, my man, wanna hit up the diner?" my Beta, John asks. "Yeah I guess I need to get out... these damn rogue groups , I can't figure out their strategy and I think I'm going crazy" I reply. John laughs and slaps me on my back and heads out of my office. ''Last one to the hummer is wet dog!'' he screams. Next thing I know im out of my office racing John, Coal, and Jai to my hummer. In the end I was first, John got shotgun and Jai got there just before Coal. Little does Coal know, when he gets home i'll have a full out water balloon attack waiting for him. After all he is supposed to be a wet dog.

''So Caine when do you think you'll find your mate?'' Jai asks me from the back seat as I pull onto the road.

''Honestly I think she might have died. I've been to every pack in this area... and I don't think the Moon Goddess would have paired me with someone human... I guess i've just missed my chance. I'll probably just marry a woman with alpha blood in her because I need an heir to the pack and he or she needs to be strong."

Coal was about to ask more questions but I cut him off as we pull into the parking spot next to a window. Inside there is a woman and a young boy fidgeting around looking for something. My wolf starts to get antsy and he won't sit still, he was jumping everywhere, if I could punch him out right now I would. I got out of the truck and look right into the beautiful emerald eyes of the woman on the other side of the window. My wolf still is going crazy and mumbling something. I looked down at the little boy and he is waving at me. I wave back to see him laugh with a wide grin on his face. I look up at the woman assuming she was the child's mother, they don't anything alike,and slowly my face starts to fall as I think about this woman being with another man.

Why am I acting like this, she isn't my mate. She's just some human resident in my territory. I close the door and walk into the diner and sit at the breakfast bar and just as I sat down I smell it. The most intoxicating smell I've ever smelt in my entire life, it was like peaches and cream. I look around and once again lock eyes with those beautiful eyes, just as I've made the connection my wolf howls and yips with joy.

''We've found our mate! We've finally found her!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So guys this is the first chapter hope you guys enjoyed it!

Vote

Comment

Fan

-Kailin