Ch. 7

"I can't believe I found you," I smile, squeezing Avery tightly once again. I hold in as long as possible, putting my head in his shoulder while his hands are spread about my back.

"Hey!" Jace snaps. "We're still here." 

We all look at him. "It was just a hug!" Dezerea rolls her eyes. 

"Have you forgotten what the Elders will do to you both?" he snaps, obviously irritated. 

"Are you okay?" Andrea asks, ignoring him. 

Avery nods and wraps his hands around me. He suddenly crinkles his nose and sniffs the air. "What is that smell?" 

I smell around and shrug. "I smell nothing different." 

Everyone nods their heads in agreement. "I don't smell anything," Andrea adds. 

Avery back up. "It's you," he frowns. 

Everyone shuffles forward to smell me so I back up. They all frown at him. 

Avery grabs my shoulder, leaning close and sniffing me. He leans in close to my neck. When he puts his lips on my neck I have to grab his shirt to stop from shivering.

"Hey!" Jace yells. 

Avery stands back. "Who kissed you?" 

My stomach turns and I struggle to find my voice. "What?" I choke out. 

"You smell like someone else," he frowns. "But only enough for a kiss," he adds, after seeing Dezerea's shocked face. 

First Andrea then Dezerea then Jace and last Avery all turn toward me. 

"What happened?" Andrea asks. 

"It was an accident, he didn't even know what he was doing," I explain. 

"Who kisses you?" Avery asks again. 

"He had no control, I don't blame him and you shouldn't either. It was an accident, I didn't even-"

"Elise," he interrupts me. He has his hands clenched and his mouth is set in a straight line. "Tell me. Now."

I sigh. "It was. . .William." 

Avery walks over to his bed. 

"What are doing?" Dezerea asks. 

He doesn't answer. He opens his window and jumps out. I run over and scream. 

"He's fine!" Andrea reassures me. 

"But Williams not," Dezerea smiles. "So what exactly happened, except for you getting it on with a werewolf." 

"No! This is terrible, I just got Avery back and now he's gone." 

William and Desdemona walk into the room. 

"Any sight of him?" she asks. 

"Oh yeah," Dezerea laughs turning to William. "And you're in deep shit." 

He looks at me. "Why would you tell him?" 

"She didn't," Desdemona frowns. "If you kissed Elise then Avery could easily smell you on her, even if it's been a while." 

"But how?" I put my face in my hands. 

"If he really cares that much about you he would be able to, and much more," she answers. 

"Avery gets jealous really easily," Andrea says. 

"I am in so much trouble," William puts his hands on his head.