Ch. 3

Elise's pov

"I've got something for you," Andrea says in a sing-song voice.

She puts all the bags that aren't food down on her bed. The others went on the counter.

She takes out two pairs of shorts and a pair of jeans out of one bag. In another she pulls out three shirts, a bra and panties.

The next bag has pajamas with cute penguins sleeping on pillows and a jacket.

"You went a little over board," I sigh.

"I didn't know what you liked, or what your size was," she looks down at the clothes. "Besides, we look about the same size so if you don't like them maybe you can borrow mine or Dezerea's clothes."

"Oh I bet she would love that," I murmur.

"What?"

"Nothing," I say quickly.

One shirt is grey and purple stripped. Another is a plain blue tank top with lacing going all the way down the shirt. The last one is white and black poke-a-dots. The shorts and jeans are all blue.

"Here, if you change I'll wash your clothes," Andrea offers.

I look down at my grimy clothes. I never thought about that. "Sure," I shrug, grabbing one of the outfits.

Feeling better in my new clothes, I walk out of the bathroom.

"They look good on you," she smiles. "Do they fit?"

I nod. "Thanks."

"Do you like them? If not I'll just give them away or just throw them away and get you new clothes," she offers me a smile.

"They're fine," I roll my eyes. "Really."

"Dezerea never likes me to go shopping for her," she says admits sadly. "She doesn't like my style. It's all blue or black for her."

"I think she could do without so much blue," I joke.

She laughs then looks at her own pale skin. "I feel like I should take care of her but she doesn't want me to."

"I'm guessing you're the older sister?"

She nods. "By fifteen seconds."

"I never wanted my big brother to look after me either," I shrug.

"Why?"

"I guess because I didn't want him to hang around me while I was trying to do stuff," I explain. "And when a guy liked me it was even worse."

"What would he do if he found out you were here?" she asks.

"He'd probably cry of relief from seeing me, then scold me and say I'm never leaving his sight again but he doesn't really mean it, he's just worried," I shrug, suddenly sad.

"I know how he feels," she nods.

I grab some of my dirty clothes and Andrea grabs the rest.

We walk out of the room with my dirty clothes in hand.

"I remember one time Dezerea and I liked the same guy," she giggles remembering.

"How long ago was that?" I wonder.

"I think..." she pauses. "I'm pretty sure it was 257 years ago."

"What happened in the end?"

"He died," she answers simply.

"Was he human or immortal?" I ask.

"Immortal."

"How did he die?" I press on. "If you don't mind my asking," I add.