Contest

Note: thanks for reading, for those who read, hope this chapter is good for you!!!! I appreciate it!

Getting to my classes was easy enough. As I go to turn in my science essay, I hear my teacher say "This year, East High was chosen to participate in the annual writing contest with it comes an award of $1000000....." I didn't even listen to the rest of the sentence, just that first part got me motivated. Earning that money would help me and my mother back at home, and writing is my specialty. "The topic is what makes your world go round? As in what is the most important thing to you? It's due next Monday." After class Mrs. Parker says, "I expect a lot from you Victoria, you can win this if you really try." That gave me some confidence, I mean coming from a teacher. When I got home, I started right away on my paper. Problem was, I was having writer's block. What makes me the happiest? As I sit at my desk, banging my head, my mom walks in. "What's going on up here?" I huff in annoyance, "I don't know what to write for this essay that could help win us lots of money." She giggled a bit, and put her arm on my shoulder. "Victoria, your a bright girl. You'll think of something. Maybe look at things in a new way! Besides, we have enough to make it through the years, so it's ok if you don't win every battle. Just make sure you grow from it." With that advice she leaves and gently closes my door. I think about it and finally decide me topic, my mother and my home. I spent all night on it till midnight when I fell asleep.

The next Monday:

As I got to school, I suddenly got nervous of how I will do in the contest. As I get to Mrs. Parker's classroom, I place my essay on her desk along with my competitors. "So think your gonna win this year Galen? I wouldn't count on it bookworm, I had my essay looked at from Professors at Yale." Says Brittany Winford. Ever since I joined East High, she has made it her duty to lower me to her. I honestly just shrug off her comments, but that really pushed my buttons. "Mine doesn't need to be checked, because it exceeds their standards." I say in a sassy way. I go back to my seat, hoping I will win the contest, and make my mother proud.

Later.....

"Victoria Galen, you have been selected as the winner of the annual writing contest!" Shouts Mrs. Parker. As she says this, my breath hitches. I just won a great deal of money! I can support my mom and me!!!!! Brittany just glares evilly at me, demanding Mrs. Parker that she resubmit the papers. And of course she declines. "But Derek O' Hare is mine!!!!!" I turn my head in disgust. I've always hated that heart throb boy singer, his music is nothing like my Twenty One Pilots! "What?!" I say not quite understanding. "Didn't you listen Victoria? Whoever wins the contest not only wins the cash reward, but they also get to spend a week with the celebrity sensation sponsor, Derek O' Hare!" Said my science teacher. Was she on crack? Above all people they pick him?! I mean don't get me wrong spending a week with a celebrity singer? My type of fun! But with him?! No, never in a million years. Things were about to go downhill.

Hoped you like it!!!!! I'll update soon!!!!

Winning The ContestOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara