Chapter Sixty-Four

"You like how I slipped that in?" I said when I sat back down next to Sehun, putting my all into a smile.

"Yes." He smiled in reply. "But also no. Because it wasn't exactly the smartest move as far as testimonies go."

"It was a creative way to say it thought, right?"

"And on the bright side, it gave you an abili." He placed his hand on my knee. That hand was the only thing keeping me from falling apart.

Sulli plopped into the witness seat beside Hyuna's desk. "I think you'll see here that only a portion of the creek crosses onto the school's property." Sulli pulled out a crumpled sheet of paper and showed it to the audience. It was a land-survey map with lines detailing property borders. "The part where the dam resides is owned by the city. If the dam was tapered with, I'm afraid it's not under school jurisdiction to prosecute a punishment."

"School property was still damaged," Principal Yoon argued.

"Well," Sulli said, crossing her legs. "Recently the senior lounge was covered in paint. Since it's still there this morning, I'm guessing you're having difficulty getting it off the windows."

Principal Yoon's head snapped up. "We can't figure out how to remove it, some kind of glue, and -"

"That seems like damage to school property. Are you going to expel the kids who did that, too? Or the ones who painted the roses surrounding the school red?"

"Objection!" Hyuna yelled. "She's leading the witness."

"She is the witness," Principal Yoon reminded her.

"Fine, objection! This has nothing to do with Suzy. I move it be stricken from the record."

Principal Yoon nodded. "Substained, the prank was done by Neverland Univeristy. It has no particular on this case."

Sulli shook her head. "You don't really believe that. And anyway, I know who exactly did it. Kim Hyuna, Lee Jieun, and Park Jiyeon, and a few others. I have proof, which I'd be happy to show you."

"Already in your inbox, Principal Y." Minho finger-pointed a gun at Sulli like I got you covered.

"Okay!" Hyuna stood and walked around the desk. "Thanks, Sulli. I think it's time for our next witness!" She glanced desperately around the room. Sulli didn't move a muscle. "IU and Jiyeon!" Hyuna waved at the back of the crowd. "You guys are the next witnesses. Go. Go!"

Both girls stood at the same time, like they'd practiced this move for a thousand times. They both wore white scarves tied around their necks, and I immediately ached for them. Even I knew scarves like that had disappeared from the fashion radar, thrust back into the realm of been-there-done-that.

"The decoupaged desks." Sulli raised her voice, ignoring IU and Jiyeon's approach to the stand. "Suzy couldn't have done it because I know who did."

"Principal Yoon, if she's saying it's me, she's lying. I swear!" Hyuna held up her hands in a way that made her look guilty even though she was completely innocent in that crime. "I didn't do anything wrong."

"You did. Unless you consider the paint in the senior lounge to be school-sanctioned. But anyway the decoupage wasn't you; it was me. Only me." Sulli leaned back in her seat, completely relaxed with the prospect of getting into trouble. IU and Jiyeon paused in the middle of the room, probably unsure whether they still needed to claim their fifteen minutes of college frame.

The crowd erupted into mumurs. Too bad they hadn't dozed off like they did in class, but I guess this trial was interesting in a half-to-watch kind of way. Water-fountain material for tomorrow.