Chapter Fourty-Eight

"Because I'm in a bighearted mood, I'll give you a freebie. A raven is nothing like a writing desk, just like you're nothing like us." Sulli unpacked a bag of seven-ounce cups and set it on the table.

"Am I supposed to be offended?"

"You're supposed to be human, but sometimes I'm not too sure you qualify," I said.

Sulli pulled one cup off the stack and inserted it under the faucet of the jug. Steaming, green liquid poured into the cup. "Mar-tea-ni?" She held it out to Hyuna.

Sulli brought the dizzy-liquid to school? I tilted my head and eyed her. She lifted a finger to her lips.

"What is that?" Hyuna looked into the cup as if it might contain blood.

"Special recipe." Sulli leaned closer to Hyuna. "Let's just say the students will be lining up to drink this, and you won't want to be left out."

Hyuna started to laugh, but Jiyeon grabbed the cup ou of Sulli's hand.

"Might want to hide it from the teachers, though," Sulli told her. "Alcohol's not allowed on school premises and all. That's why we're outside." She winked at me.

Alcohol? I pressed my lips together. The liquid I'd had at Sulli's house before hadn't been spiked. New concoction? Or bluff? I silently prayed for the latter; it was less incriminating.

Minho narrowed his eyes. "There's no alcohol in there. But what is in the tea? Better not be from my closet."

"You wouldn't know. You haven't tasted it," Sulli said.

He tried to reach over and grab a cup, but he didn't have enough mobility with Hyuna on his lap. He place his hands on her waist and pushed to get her off of him. She grabbed his hands and placed them back around her waist, holding them there with her own. Holding him as if he's a prisoner.

For some stupid reason, I was interested by their partnership. Obviously, Minho had to be using her. But what did she see in him? He inspired fierce emotions in me, but they usually resulted in wanting to strangle him.

Watching them, my mind conjured the image of Sehun, and my throat tightened. I missed him so much. But thinking of him was like an addiction, reinforcing my mission and reminding myself why I couldn't let Minho screw it up.

"Is it a Long Island iced tea?" Jiyeon swished the cup. "I heard those are good."

"More like . . . Wonderland green tea." Sulli snatched the cup out of Jiyeon's hand. "Oh, but we're giving it out to people who belong to the Eco club."

"And sign the petition!" I added, grabbing one of the clipboards off the table and holding it out to her.

Hyuna shook her head. "Jiyeon, don't."

"Contrariwise," IU mumbled between snores. "Do."

"Eco club?" Jiyeon questioned. "That sounds lame."

"You think this is lame?" Sulli tipped hte contents of the cup into her mouth. "School's going to be really fun today. For me." A slow smile spread across her face.

"When's the first meeting?" Jiyeon eyed the cup.

I looked up to meet Minho's eyes. He was watching me with a curious expression, not his usual condescending one.

"Monday," I quickly say.

"Okay, I'll check it out." Jiyeon grabbed the clipboard from my hands while Sulli filled a new cup for her.

"Easy as one, two, tea," Sulli whispered under her breath.

Hyuna scoffed. "Jiyeon! We have mock trial on Monday!"