TWENTY-EIGHT

savannah's pov

"lauren, can i burrow those cute white heels? you know, with the straps?" i asked from my room.

tonight is my date with dylan; it's the first time that we're doing this since we last dated, and i'm just praying that i don't mess this up.

"my white heels?" lauren recalled as she came and stood at the door of my room. "ooo, tonight must be special then".

i playfully rolled my eyes, "yes or no?".

"they're under my bed" she chuckled and i hurried off to her bedroom. "so, where's dylan taking you?"

"i don't know, some fancy restaurant uptown or something" i explained, while struggling to reach underneath lauren's bed for the shoes.

"are you nervous?" she called out, just before i came back in.

"why would i be nervous?" i questioned and quickly placed the heels on my feet. "we've dated before."

lauren laughed, "well, judging from the right heel being on your left foot, you seem a tad nervous" she told me, and i looked down at my terrible attempt to keep cool, then switched the shoes around.

"i'm not nervous okay, just...can you zip me up please?" i refrained from going deeper into the conversation, and moved my hair to one side.

"alright, i trust you savannah," lauren began as she secured the zip to the top.

"trust me with what?".

"with dylan. i just hope that it's not a way to get over, ya know...".

"it's not," i quickly said to her. "i really like him, okay".

"then, good" she finalised, just before the doorbell rang. "looks like your date is here, i'll get it".

"no, no, i'll get it" i hastily stopped her. "i don't want you spilling something embarrassing about me" i pointed my finger at her, then patted my pink dress down before going to open the front door.

"hey," i spoke as dylan stood before me wearing dark jeans, a red flannel and a black suit jacket on top.

"wow, hey, you look...stunning" he smiled, looking at my outfit from head to toe.

i chuckled and put my hair behind my ear, "thanks".

"so, are you ready to go?" he gestured.

"yeah, let me just get my-" i turned around and lauren handed me my purse."...thanks" i smiled at her, then stepped out of the house.

"you kids have fun, don't stay out too late and keep your hands to yourself dylan" she mockingly called out as we began to walk down the hallway with her waving at us.

"she likes to try and be funny" i explained to dylan, before i glared back at lauren to cut it out.

***

the date was going really well so far. i had honestly forgotten how sweet dylan was, and how much he made me laugh. plus, it wasn't awkward at all, because we already know enough about one another, so this just felt like a fifth date in a relationship.