SEVENTEEN

savannah's pov

i stood at the end of my bed and packed a few clothes and essentials into my nike duffel bag. it's only for three nights, so i was aiming to pack lightly. although, i knew that once i saw something in my room, i'd instantly suspect that i'd need it and pack it any ways.

work went by really slowly today, but it was probably because i spent the whole day waiting for tonight. it's just gonna be nice to spend some time with jack without worrying that someone will come into the office, or that madison will finish work early.

i just feel bad for lying to lauren. i mean, she's my best friend and we've always told each other everything. but judging from her reaction when i told her about my kiss with jack, i know that i can't just tell her that we've been having an affair for two weeks.

i will eventually though, just when the time's right.

"wait, so where are you going?". i turned around and saw lauren leaning against the frame of my bedroom door with her arms folded.

"to andrea's house," i lied. "i haven't seen my little sister in over two months because of her busy work schedule, but she quit, so she has plenty of free time".

"and when are you coming back?".

"um, monday. i'll go straight from her's to work" i explained and she nodded her head, just as i turned to search for my favourite shirt.

"...okay, so if you're just going to your sister's, why are you taking these?" lauren suddenly mentioned and she stood by my bag, holding up my victoria's secret, red-laced bra and panties.

"uh because, i like to wear nice underwear" i answered, then snatched them away from her and stuffed it back into my bag. "is that a bad thing?".

"no, i was just wondering," lauren shrugged and started walking out of the room, although she had a lot of suspicion in her voice. "just make sure you don't drink too much, because i know how much of a party animal andrea can be".

"really? look who's talking, lo" i chuckled. she childishly stuck her tongue out then left me to get changed into a pair of high waisted jeans, a grey cropped sweater and black slip-on sneakers.

when i got into my car, i texted jack that i was on my way before i began driving to his house.

***

i pulled into the driveway and saw  jack walk out of the front door and stand at the doorstep, wearing a pair of shorts, no shirt and a huge smile on his face.

i did a quick mirror check, before i bought out my bags and locked the car doors.

"aren't you freezing?" i laughed as i walked towards him. he took held of bags and i locked my arms around his neck - placing a kiss on his lips.

"of course i'm freezing, but i needed to make an impression" he spoke and bit against his bottom lip, but i questionably raised my eyebrow at his answer.

"what? by being shirtless?".

"stop acting like you don't enjoy it, savs". his lips immediately curved into a smile.

"shut up," i smirked and kissed him once more, before we went inside the house.

jack held my hand and i followed him up the staircase, "but the real reason why i'm shirtless is actually because i was gonna take a bath and wanted you, to join me" he said once we reached the master bedroom.