TEN

savannah's pov

my whole weekend has consisted of me figuring out how i'm going to face jack at work.

it's monday and i'm not proud of myself for making out with someone else's husband, while i'm also in a relationship. but i guess you just can say that jack and i have history, and it's brought us closer together and resulted into this.

although seeing him today can either go two ways. one, he tells me that it was a huge mistake and that he's still madly in love with madison or two, he'll tell me that he hasn't stopped thinking about what happened and is willing to leave his wife for me.

friday's events have just made me question my relationship with dylan, my feelings for jack and whether i'd want the first or second option to come true.

"hey," lauren said as she popped her head through my bedroom door to see me stressing out on the edge of my bed. "we've gotta get going".

i sighed and continued putting on my heels, grabbed my bag and left the room.

we both started walking down the stairs of the apartment to get outside, and my heartbeat grew stronger, the closer we got to the ground floor.

"you know you've been really quiet this entire weekend, am i missing something?" she looked back at me and asked.

i mean, besides the guys, she is my best friend and we're supposed to tell each other shit like this.

"ok, well something happened on friday. you know, before i met you and everyone else at the bar" i began and she laughed a little at my tiny statement.

"and are you gonna tell me what that something is?" lauren said once we called for a taxi and got in the backseat.

i hesitated for a while on whether to say, "jack kissed me" and put the blame on him or say "jack and i kissed" and leave it as a two-person mistake.

"...jack and i kissed".

"WHAT?!" she yelled and faced me so quickly that i thought her neck would snap.

"we just made out for a bit, then i told him that i had to go a-and i did".

"savannah, you have a boyfriend and he's married" she reminded me like i didn't already know.

"but i'm not going to act on it" i quickly added, even though i wasn't sure if i meant it or not.

"good. i mean, i know that you were in love with him before, but just remember how shit he made you feel before the wedding. i don't want you to go through that again" lauren said. "plus, you have dylan now and he's a really great guy" she added.

"yeah, i guess so". i nodded my head at her words and a smiled a little, then stared out the window as we came closer and closer to work.

***

it's 10am and i've been sitting in my office, biting on a pen and tapping my nails against the desk all morning. i haven't seen jack today, which is weird because he never usually misses a day of work.

but i spoke too soon, when i looked up from my computer screen to see him entering his office like he'd just come into work. i hesitated for a while in my seat, reciting what i was going to say to him then immediately got up and went for it.