THIRTY-FIVE

savannah's pov

it's the weekend, and i decided to wake up early today, so that i could begin to pack some of my things.

telling the guys about london was harder than i thought. but after dinner, they all came back to mine and lauren's apartment, so that we could talk about it more, and by the end of the night, they were 100 percent on board and supported me all the way.

but i'm pretty sure that they only agreed, because they'd had a little too much alcohol to drink.

although throughout all that, i couldn't stop thinking about jack, and how he just got up and left.

when he said congratulations, i knew that he didn't mean it, because i knew beforehand, that he wouldn't take it as well as everyone else.

but before i went to bed, i texted him to ask if he was okay, but he didn't respond, so i just didn't try again.

i was sorting through the junk underneath my bed, until i heard the doorbell ring. lauren was out having an early breakfast with her boyfriend, so i knew very well that it wasn't her.

i looked through the peephole, and was quite surprised as to who was standing there.

i opened the door, "jack? what are you doing here?".

"i just came to say that i'm sorry, for being such a jerk to you lately, and i was wondering if you'd want to go out for some coffee?" he stuffed his hands into his pants pockets, and i bit my lip to hide the smile growing on my face, since i could tell that he was being genuine.

"why the sudden change in attitude?" i questioned, and he shrugged his shoulders.

"well, you're leaving in ten days, so i need to make the most of the time you have left" he explained, and i smiled at him.

"okay, let me just get ready first, then we'll go" i opened the door, wider for him to come in, then i went back to my bedroom to get changed out of my sweats.

***

jack drove us to this cute, little cafe that wasn't too far from my house, and he insisted on paying for my coffee, and also a blueberry muffin to go with it.

"...thank you," i said to the waitress, as she bought us our drinks, and my muffin.

"so," jack began. "yesterday was a bit of a shock, so i'm sorry for just walking out like that".

"it's okay," i said before i took a sip of my coffee. "...i understand. i mean, you took it better than dylan did".

"really? how did he react?".

"he just wasn't being supportive at all. he told me that i should just get a job in the u.s, and then said that he doesn't do long distance relationships..." i explained. "it was all a bit crazy, so i haven't spoken to him in almost three days".

"well, if he's your boyfriend and he doesn't support you, then he's a jerk".

"and he hasn't even tried to contact me since then," i added, but soon shook my head to brush it off. "i don't even want to talk about it, to be honest".