EIGHT

savannah's pov

the numbers above the elevator finally reached zero and i walked in through the open doors.

i was completely alone until someone quickly slid through the closing gap to ride the same elevator as me. jack.

what happened yesterday still hasn't left my mind, but it should have because i have a boyfriend and i shouldn't be questioning what that moment meant between me and my best friend.

but i doubt that the same thing is going through jack's head any ways.

jack's pov

when i caught up with the elevator, the last person that i honestly wanted to be in there was savannah.

nothing happened last night.

well, nothing physically happened any ways. i just fixed her computer and went home. but the way i felt during those few seconds keeps replaying and replaying through my head.

just the way her brown eyes still managed to shine in the office when i stared right into them, and how cute it was when she got flustered after i placed my hand on her thigh.

ugh, i really shouldn't be thinking about shit like this when i have a wife back home, but i can't help it.

i can't help that my heart raced exactly like we were back in high school, and she was the most incredible girl to ever exist. or the fact that i was completely jealous when we spoke about dylan, even though i was the one who brought him up.

but there's still no way that i can go back to that. my feelings for savannah were in the past and since we work together everyday, i'm just gonna have to try my best to avoid her.

"so, what time did you get home last night?" savannah suddenly asked and disrupted the single sound of the elevator moving up.

"oh, uh, just coming to eleven. madison was already asleep" i said and she nodded her head slowly. "what about you?".

"around the same time, i guess" she answered just as the elevator reached our floor.

i slowly diverted away from her, and went straight to my office when we usually, every morning, go to sammy office since it's right outside the elevator.

savannah's pov

"hey, where's lauren?" sammy asked me as i came into his empty office, and sat down in one of the guest chairs.

"she wanted to stop for coffee or something, so she told me to go ahead" i explained.

i was gently rubbing my temples as yesterday's thoughts ran through my head.

"what's up?" he said, leaning forward in his chair, so that his elbows were resting on the desk.

"i don't know, just stuff, but it doesn't matter" i said, and shook my head while sitting up properly in the seat.

"come on, tell me, speak to papa samuel" he pushed, and i chuckled, thinking whether or not i should let some steam off.

"sam, i would but i have to get to work. maybe later ok?" i got up and said, and he sighed at my resistance. "but thanks for wondering" i smiled.

"no problem" he smiled back and i left his office to go to mine.

***

after what felt like forever, it was finally time for a break, so i saved my work before making my way to the break room.

"why is the day going by so slowly?" i questioned as i walked in to see lauren pouring some coffee in a mug.

"tell me about it" she responded. "and oh, the new york article just needs a little more tweaking then we can post it tomorrow".

"oh, that's great...yeah" i nodded while pouring myself a drink, and my mind slowly drifting off.

"are you okay? you seem kind of distracted ever since you came home yesterday. did anything happen?".

i shook my head a little too quickly. "no, nothing".

"so nothing between you and jack?" she asked again with her eyebrow raised, and i avoided the query.

"i would of told you if something did, and nothing did, and i'm glad it didn't" i reassured her.

i mean, it's not like i'm lying. nothing happened. i just don't get why i can't stop thinking about it. my phone buzzed my hand and i clicked the home button to see a text from dylan saying, 'dinner at 8?'.

i smiled helplessly at the screen before unlocking my phone and replying back with 'definitely :)'.

"ooo, what are you smiling at?" i heard nate say just as i looked up from my phone. he came into the break room, with the rest of the guys, including jack, following behind.

it's sort of like jack's been avoiding me all morning. every time i walk into a room, he leaves the room and when i'd ask him a question, he'd just give me blunt answers.

"i'm just texting dylan, we're going out for dinner tonight".

"ok so who is this dylan, because everyone seems to know about him but me" our friend, swazz said, throwing his arms up a little.

"he's savannah's new, computer-geek boyfriend" sammy chuckled, and the rest of them did the same.

"cut it out guys, we should all be happy for savannah" lauren smiled and put her arm around my shoulder.

"thanks lo, and trust me guys, once you get to know dylan, you'll love him. he's funny, he's smart, he's into football and i mean, he makes me happy, seriously" i explained, while childishly playing with the tips of my hair. just after i spoke, jack pushed himself out of the chair and immediately left the room like he couldn't stand to be in here any longer.

"hey, what's up with jack?" i leant over and whispered to johnson, but he shrugged at my words.

"he's been like this all morning" he added and i wondered if it was about last night.

-

boring chapter but the next one will DEFINITELY be better :)