NINE

savannah's pov

after work, everyone decided to go down to the local bar to hang out, but i said that i'd just meet them there in an hour because my lack of work this morning needed to be completed.

my articles weren't the only thing in my mind though. from my office, i could see that jack's office door was open, which meant that he was still here.

i need to talk to him and sort this all out, because it sucks knowing that he's trying to avoid me for whatever reason that may be.

i came to his door to see him typing on his computer, so i knocked and he awkwardly fidgeted around in his chair when he noticed my presence.

"hi" i spoke and he continued to look a little stunned at the sight of me.

he cleared his throat, then came to stand in front of his desk, "h-hi".

"can we talk? about yesterday, please?".

"what about yesterday?" he nervously smirked and leaned back onto the desk.

"well, i just assumed that since you've been avoiding me all day, it had something to do with that".

"i wasn't avoiding you, i've just been really busy today" he nervously responded again.

i folded my arms across my chest, because i didn't believe him one bit. "ok one, i know when you're lying jack and two, you're definitely lying right now".

"why are you so certain that something happened last night?".

"you know what? this is ridiculous, forget i ever mentioned anything" i quickly spoke - almost avoiding the question and turning away to open up the door.

"what? is it because you felt something too?" jack suddenly spoke and i paused with my hand on the door handle.

i slowly turned back around and watched him walk closer towards me. i gulped a little as his eyes stayed focused on me, and i tried to get through to this side of him that i've never seen.

"this something is what i've been trying to figure out all day," he added, lifting his hand to place it on my cheek as his thumb stroked it smoothly.

my breathing increased just like yesterday, whilst he leant in closer and hovered his lips over mine.

"but maybe if i just do this...i'll find out" jack whispered with a smile on the edge of his mouth.

i was completely mesmerised by what was going on right now. completely mesmerised by his piercing eyes, his gentle touch, and his lips that he slowly licked before attaching them onto mine.

i held back for a while, letting him take all of the control before completely melting into the kiss, and willingly wrapping my arms around his neck.

jack's hands moved away from my face, and worked themselves down to my waist, to bring our bodies closer together.

the intensity of the kiss came faster than i imagined and he pushed me back against the door, locking it quickly and gliding his tongue across my bottom lip.

-

omfg yay for savannah and jack!

btw i'm sorry to just end it there, but the next chapters from now on will be much more interesting.

pls comment, vote and share ily all. ❤️