Chapter 7

"Doing what?" she turns to me.

I can feel a pull inside of me, insisting I hold her and never let her go.

I ignore it.

"Tempting me. You're giving me every reason why we should give in to what we want and be together, when there are a million other reasons we shouldn't."

"Like what?" she scoffs.

"Well, first of all, Torrey and Ian. And that should go withought saying. Second of all, Candice, Claire, and Kat all saw us dancing at the party. That means Torrey probably saw us, too. And finally, because there's a great chance one of us could end up getting hurt," my voice breaks during my last sentence.

"I don't care about any of that! And I don't think that you do either. So why are you pretending that you do?" her voice escalates as she gets up from the stool.

"Why are you so prepared to go through every possible complication just to be with me?" I yell, although, there's not one part of me that is truly angry. I'm just scared.

"Because I love you, Paul!" she steps closer to me.

I don't say anything. I don't tell her what I know she wants to hear, or what I want to say. I only stare at her, dumbfounded at her confession. When I don't return her words, hurt washes over her face. Tears roll down from her eyes. She wipes them away angrily.

"Why are you trying so hard to push me away?"

This is it. This is your chance.

"Because I love you, Nina!"

The hurt disappears from her face. Shock replaces it.

"What did you just-" the words get caught in her throat as my lips connect with hers.

The second our lips touch, she becomes a drug to me.

I can't get enough of the taste of her, the smell of her, the feel of her. She detaches our lips to catch her breath, so I move my lips to her neck. Immediately, she moans into my hair and jumps into my arms. Her legs wrap around my waist and she locks them in place; with her heels digging into my back. A low growl escapes my mouth as my hands slip under her shirt and grab hold of her lower back.

"Take it off," she whispers into my hair.

I smile. I move the collar of the shirt to the side and kiss her shoulders and collar bone before stripping her of it completely. As I throw the shirt to the floor, I feel her hands on the hem of my own shirt, desperately trying to pull it off of me. I lift my arms above my head to help her out. She giggles into my mouth while she throws it to the floor. I walk to the bed with her in my arms and we fall together, our bodies never seperating. She pushes me off of her, only to roll over on top of me. Her hands fall on the bed next to my face and she leans her mouth down to my ear.

"I-" her lips caress the tender skin just under my ear and fall on my neck as she draws me in with her voice. "Love you-" she continues. Her lips are now on my collar bone, traveling down my chest. "So much," she finishes. Her mouth reaches my stomach and her fingers start to work on unzipping my jeans. I moan in delight as I slip off her (my) sweat pants. I roll her over and pin her wrists to the bed.

"I love you more." I look into her beautiful, brown eyes.

The eyes that I fell in love with two years ago, and love all the same today.

It happened.

I gave into her.

There's no going back now.

I'm officially addicted to the way her heart always beats in unison with mine as our chests press together. The way she giggles when I kiss her neck. The way our fingers intertwine, and rarely ever separate.