Chapter 8

"Well, I'm glad you're so willing to share your shower water with me. But I would like it better if you would share it with me in the actual shower," I huff.

He arches his eyebrows in confusion, but smiles all the same.

"I didn't want to wake you," he says, answering my question that was never asked.

Now it's my turn to be confused. He should know that I would gladly miss some sleep to spend more time with him. I mean, who the hell wouldn't? He nods, letting me know he understands my slight resentment of him letting me sleep.

"You just..look so beautiful."

Pure joy spreads across my face.

Look. Not looked.

He thinks I look beautiful.

"Plus, I wanted to make sure you got plenty of sleep." He doesn't break my gaze, and he doesn't seem to be as affected by it as I am. Though, I somehow know he is.

He clears his throat and turns back around to his dresser to open the top drawer. He pulls out a black v-neck and dries his torso one last time with a towel before slipping the shirt on over his body.

Darn.

He looks over at me from the corner of his eye when he hears me sigh. He ignores the look in my eye.

"For our date tonight."

I fail to look unfazed.

"What did you just say?"

"A date. You. Me. And a lot of fun." He steps closer to me and reaches down to button his jeans over the boxers I didn't even know he had on.

A bright smile appears on my face. I stare into his deep, moss green eyes. The same eyes that won me over two years ago.

"Sounds like..fun," I answer. I hook my fingers in the belt loops of his jeans, and pull him closer to me.

His hands land at their secomd home on my hips. Our foreheads press together and our noses touch. His hands wander from my hips to my lower back and bring me closer to his body.

"I'll pick you up at 5:00."

I crease my forehead.

"Why so early?"

"You'll see." He smiles against my cheek before kissing it softly. He bends over to pick up my discarded clothes and then stands in front of me, holding them. "I'll see you tonight." He leans down and gives me a quick kiss. It is nowhere near satisfying, but it'll have to do for now.

As I walk to the door, he follows me with his hand in mine.

"Goodbye, Paul."

"Goodbye, Nina." He kisses my hand.

"Oh, by the way. What am I supposed to wear?"

He thinks for a couple seconds. A smirk takes over his face.

"Something comfortable," he finally answers. He smiles warmly at me before I walk away and he closes the door.
-------------------------------------------------------
"You're doing what now?" she makes her disapproval known.

I cringe at her uproar, but don't lose my poker face. I smile and nod.

"I'm going on a date with Paul," I repeat with a genuine smile.

"Nina, you can't! You-what about Ian? And Torrey? For goodness sake, you're both in relationships!" Candice squeals.

Candice is the sweetest, most supportive, optimistic person I know. But I in no way expect her to be okay with Paul and me. She's a very good person. And as much as I hate to admit it, whatever is going on between Paul and me is definitely anything but good for everyone.