Chapter 12

Paul's POV

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.

Maybe if I ignore it, it will stop.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.

Or maybe not.

She shuffles next to me, clearly awoken by the alarm clock.

Why, oh why, do we have to get up?

After some more shuffling next to me, I roll over slightly and reach my arm across the bed to the table. I slap the alarm clock, and the noise stops.

Thank you, God.

Wait, did I even press the right button? She better not have one of those alarm clocks where there's one button to turn off the alarm, and then another to stop it for about five minutes.

Nina groans when the sound stops.

"You pressed the wrong button."

I fucking knew it.

I open my eyes. Her back is to me, my arms are around her waist, and our fingers are intertwined against her stomach. She turns her face to look at me from the side. Her radiant smile takes over my mind. It is so genuine.

"Good morning, beautiful." I press my lips to the skin just under her ear and kiss my way down her neck.

She moans into my ear and writhes, pressing her back harder against my chest. That's when I realize we're both still naked.

"Round 2?" she suggests, out of breath.

I'm guessing she's noticed as well.

"Mm, tempting." I bite down gently on her ear lobe, eliciting a shaky breath from her mouth. "But I hear that shower calling my name," I tease.

She giggles. "Even better."

"Do you really want to risk Candice hearing us again?"

She flips us over and straddles me. "I would risk anything and everything with you."

I open my mouth to laugh, or respond, or something, but as her mouth makes contact with my chest, all words form into a huge lump in my throat.

She slides her hands up and down over my torso. When she reaches my arms she grips my wrists and lifts them up. She releases them, but I keep them in the air to humor her. Her body falls onto mine soon after, my arms wrap around her body, and my hands get tangled in her hair.

"Do you realize how hard you are?" she asks. She kisses up and down my neck, nibbling here and there.

"Well, I'm kind of forced to work out. You know, since I play a vampire that takes off his shirt close to never."

She stops kissing me, and moves her mouth to my ear.

"I wasn't talking about your body, Paul," she giggles.

She's not wrong. She may be incredibly horny, but she's not wrong. Pretty far from it.

She moves her face level with mine and smiles at me.

"Is the all-perfect Paul Wesley blushing?"

I frown. "I never said I was perfect."

"You didn't have to," she answers right away.

In any other circumstance, I would smile at her and say thank you. But I won't do so this time. I can't do so this time. I'm not perfect. I never claim to be.

How can a man be perfect when he cheats on his wife with a woman who is also in a relationship?

I don't even know whether perfection is based on what a person does, or how they do it. I always thought perfection was unattainable. Although, I always thought Nina was as well.