Chapter 16

Paul's POV

She's here.

She's in my arms.

"Hey, stranger."

A single droplet of water hits my arm. I pull away to look at her. I place my forehead to hers and look into her chocolate brown eyes, only to find no tears rolling down her cheeks. Confused, I look up to the sky just as another water droplet hits my face. I quickly set Nina down, taking my jacket off and placing it over her bare shoulders. My hands find hers, and we run back inside the hotel as the rain picks up.

I found it surreal, completely amazed by her appearance outside of the hotel where I stayed in for more nights than I expected. I had given up, she was moved on with the one I thought she deserved, but she proved the difficult decision I made wrong. Nina was still in her weeding dress, giving me the impression that she had skipped it rather than attend it. Even though it was her actual own special day.

As soon as the doors to the elevator close, Nina's body is slamming me against the wall. Her lips hungrily crash down on mine, swallowing my groan. I pulled away instantly, a confused expression spread across her face.

"Not now, not when you and I have so much to say to each other" I admit bluntly. She nods in agreement as we wait to enter my hotel room, luckily the cleaning lady had finished her job the moment we entered.

Nina again surprised me by slamming me gently on the wall and kissing me desperately. I allowed her to as I cup her face in my own palms, feeling the heating skin touch my cold ones. She removed my jacket from her shoulders and attempts to proceed in undressing me.

"Nin-Nina" I stutter as she moved her attention to my jawline. I pull her away as I recollect myself from the dizziness she caused.

"Why don't you take that.. amazing dress off and put on something comfortable, than we can talk and just relax for tonight.. deal?" I negotiate, not wanting any lustful moments as of now.

"Couldn't agree more" Nina says as she gently comes forward giving me a sweet kiss.
"I love you" She adds.

"And I love you" I reciprocate back as I again cup her face.
-------------------------------------------------------
NINA'S POV

The apartment is dark, proving me wrong about the possibility of Candice being awake.

Thank you, God.

After Paul and I talked and ate some dinner, we agreed that before we can ride off into the sunset to New Jersey, I have to get some stuff from my apartment.

Honestly, it's really too early to be awake right now. I'm usually not awake at this time, unless of course I have to be on set.

The cab driver stops in front of my apartment complex, and I step out of the cab.

I guess it's now or never.

I take the key from under the doormat and quietly slip inside. Candice is sound asleep in her room, so I tiptoe to my room and gather my things.

Let's see..clothes, money, keys, phone.

Yeah, I guess that's about it. For once, packing light will benefit me.

Bag in hand, I walk into the living room and lay my wedding dress on the couch. I place my crown and engagement ring on the coffee table. Then, I take out my phone and send a quick message to Candice.

'Please give the dress, ring, and crown back to Ian, and tell him I'm sorry.'

Sure, it's cryptic, but I'll be able to explain things better when we get back.