Chapter 1

Chapter 1

School... Woe the day it was invented.

Of all the horrible inventions on this earth school had to be the worst. It was basically a place to put the nuisance that was children and attempt to force some pointless information upon their tiny brains. Boarding school even more so.

This was the third Sherlock had been sent to. The fifteen year old saw no point in going but his parents begged to differ. They just wanted rid of him, really. Him the nuisance. And Mycroft didn't much care off making his name in the government. So here he was. At least he'd managed to get into the year two above his age range. It was a small victory. Maybe. And halved the amount of years he had left in school. But he already knew all the information there was to be taught here. This was just so... pointless. The whole school thing.

But he didn't have much choice in the matter. So he would have to deal with it. Now he was forced to walk up the grand steps leading towards the school entrance, coated by parents saying farewell to their children like buzzing flies. Nuisances. Sherlock himself had come alone. His parent had paid for the Taxi there, nothing more. He was forced to enter the school alone; flitting though the crowd like a shadow. The bustle died down upon reaching the open doors and moving into the entrance hall. There were a few students here hanging together and discussing whatever they thought about in their fickle little minds. A few gazes landed on him, the strange new boy, whispers forming on their lips. Sherlock paid them no heed. A light frown fell across his pale face as he stuffed his hands into the pockets of the long grey-black jacket he always wore. He didn't care if that and the blue scarf wrapped around his neck wasn't school uniform and went against the rules. Uniform and rules were so stupid. Made to be ignored. Sighing in an almost exaggerated manner the boy headed off towards his room. Number 221b. It was in the west wing or something. Sherlock had memorised the map of the school and stored it somewhere in his mind palace, or so he liked to call it.

The corridors were almost empty as Sherlock walked towards his room alone. It was going to be a long year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumping his suitcase on the bed, Sherlock surveyed his new 'home' with a sceptical eye. It was nice enough. If plain. There were two beds, identical with white sheets and curtains meaning they could be sort of separated. On one wall was a large window overlooking the playing fields. A nice enough view. Two desks were situated in front of this. Average size. Sherlock wasn't sure if that was enough room for him. Ah well. He ignored the second door in the room which was situated near one of the beds. Most likely leading to a bathroom. Which he would have to share with his roommate. He would dwell on that late.

No, no point in thinking about this school. Sherlock had more important things to do. He pulled his laptop out of his suitcase and placed it on a desk, flicking it open. His parents had only got it for him so he would shut up (a thing he rarely did when around the right people). Currently he didn't use it for much. Just his blog, the Science of Deduction. Sherlock was going to be a detective when he left this wretched place. A consulting detective to be precise. He had kind of made the job up. No, created it. Actually he sort of already was one. A consulting detective. The only one in the world.

Not that anyone in the world cared. Not his parents, not the teachers at his pervious schools. His blog had a grand total of thirteen views. And he had no friends. Had never had any friends.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first Sherlock fanfic so I hope you enjoy it! It's not very good but it'll do... sorry if there's any mistakes! Comments and advice would be great.