✿ disconcert ✿

IMPORTANT NOTE!!!

i am aware that not all of the info in this chapter is accurate, so please do not feel the need to remind me. i altered some stuff to fit into the story, and i know its inaccurate so i don't need reminders (:

also super sorry for the delay in update!!! these past few weeks have been hell, i've been crazy busy. i can't promise a date for the next update, but cross your fingers it'll be before the end of december. but this chapter is possibly the longest chapter i've ever written, a big thank you to my lovely readers who've been PATIENTLY waiting
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

and a little warning beforehand. you might throw your phone at the wall after this chapter, so i suggest you hold tight to it (;

get your umbrellas out, bc shit is about to hit the fucking fan. and i hope i don't blow your brains out with this chapter.

>:)

x caryl

EIGHTEEN

She's next.

Who was she?

That was probably the hundredth time I've asked myself that question in the past hour, as I lay splayed out on my bed, unable to sleep.

My eyes were burning with exhaustion, but a hundred thoughts were still racing through my head. I couldn't sleep, despite my heavy eyelids that threatened to close every few seconds. But every time I almost felt like I could fall asleep, I would spring wide awake, my skin crawling as I remembered the bloody warning left on the trees.

I couldn't shake the apprehension off, even after we got Leah back to the pack house, which had been hours ago.

She had remained unconscious the whole trek back, and even when Victoria was treating her injuries. She hadn't even so much has twitched when Victoria was stitching the particularly nasty wound on her arm, which I didn't know was a good or bad thing. Good; she couldn't feel the pain, and bad, she might not wake up. There had been a lot of blood, and if Leah had been human, I doubt she would have even survived her first day gone.

She was currently resting in her room, and I was unable to sleep because I was anxiously waiting for her to regain consciousness. Not because I cared particularly, but because she was the only person I could ask about the message.

She might know who it was talking about, because I sure as hell didn't, and I was desperately itching to find out.

The other option was Heath, who I had planned on asking in private after we got back, but before I got the chance to, he had disappeared as soon as we got back.

That left Dylan and Elliot, but I couldn't ask them. Mostly because they hadn't even noticed the words carved into the trees, in fucking blood. They had either been too sidetracked in tending to Leah's bleeding arm, or just really, really, unobservant.

Either way, I had no intentions on telling them about it. And I had a feeling neither did Heath. I knew telling the others would only make things even more complicated, especially after Leah's disappearance. It'd be much easier just handling things under the radar.