✿ ice balls ✿

hello hotness ^

;)

THREE

She's my mate.

Those three words echoed in my head like a broken record on replay.

I was his mate?

No. That was impossible. I wasn't a werewolf. Mating happened only between two werewolves, and I've never heard of a human and werewolf being mates before.

He was lying.

But even as I tried to deny the truth, I couldn't deny the odd feelings churning in my stomach whenever he was around, the sparks that flew and the warmth that flowed between us whenever we touched.

Were we really...mates?

I was a werewolf hunter, and I had an Alpha for a mate. Oh the fucking irony.

I got dragged out of my internal battle with myself when he spoke again.

"Leah, take Noah back to his room. I have a few things to discuss with my mate."

A shiver ran down my spine, but not in a bad way.

Leah's eyes were still wide with dismay and she looked absolutely distraught, like someone had just told her her dog had been run over, as her eyes flitted between the two of us.

The feeling was mutual.

"But I don't want to go to my room, I want to play with your mate," Noah whined, an adorable pout curling his lips.

Unsurprisingly, no one replied.

Then Lead nodded stiffly, lowering her eyes and swiftly grabbing Noah's arm before dragging him off towards what I now assumed was the packhouse.

But I didn't miss the hate-filled glare she shot in my direction before she stormed off with Noah trailing behind her.

Before they disappeared out of sight, I heard Noah say to Leah, "Why does everyone keep ignoring me?"

After they turned the corner and were out of sight and hearing range, he suddenly released his hold on me, stepping back so that we were no longer pressed against each other and now that his warmth was gone, I had to suppress a shiver.

I was still drenched from jumping into the pool to save an ungrateful brat's sorry ass.

And I convinced myself that was why he moved away, so he wouldn't get wet.

I spun slowly to face him, and I tilted my head up to look into his eyes because he towered over me.

His eyes were cold and hostile as they bored into mine, and a weird feeling twisted my heart.

"I suggest you follow me willingly and quietly unless you want a repeat of before." His voice was low and husky, and I would have melted at the sound of it if it weren't for the underlying threat in his words.

So I only nodded mutely, hating how he had the upper hand in the situation.

He didn't say anything else, instead he turned away, his face not giving away anything and started stalking towards the doors where Noah and Leah had disappeared into.

I hurried behind to catch up with his long strides.

He didn't even hold the door open for me.

He had let the door swing shut, and if it weren't for my fast reflexes, my nose would've probably been an ugly shade of blue and black right now.