✿ trepidation ✿

well hello there *waggles eyebrows*

it's pretty obvious who won (; i guess most of us want the d *wink wink* so Diego is officially casted as Heath!!! but this is just the official cast so for those who disagree, yall can feel free to imagine someone else as Heath.

p.s. if you get goosebumps at the end of the chapter then my mission here is complete (;

x caryl

(if you read this, you have to comment your favourite pizza flavour and vote!! >:))

GO DIEGO GO.

SEVENTEEN

"What you did back there was seriously cool," a voice whispered in my ear.

I looked to my side just as Dylan pulled his lips away from my ear, a familiar grin on his face. He stuffed his hands in his pockets as he fell in step beside me, and I felt a tentative smile tug at my own lips.

"He obviously doesn't think so," I replied, my smile turning into a smug smirk as I nodded my head at Heath who was a few feet ahead of us. Even with his back facing us, I had no qualms that he had a scowl on his face.

We were currently trekking through the dense forest, the pale glow of the moon guiding our way. The night was still and silent, save for the sound of leaves crunching under our feet and the chirps of crickets and birds in the air.

Elliot followed closely behind Heath, leaving Dylan and I lagging at the back.

Heath's been sulking ever since the hooha back at his office, and it was a no brainer that I didn't get to keep the dagger. Although truth be told it was more funny than annoying, and I had the strong urge to burst into laughter like a total nut job every time I thought about it.

God, I got him so fucking good.

My smile spread into a full blown grin.

My gaze turned to Dylan as he sniggered under his breath before muttering to me, "Because you totally slayed his ass. I think he needs a glacier for that burn."

I couldn't help but burst out in quiet laughter at that, and he joined in, and we spent the next few minutes struggling to stifle our laughs, snickering together like two kids sharing a dirty secret.

When the laughter finally subsided, a large grin still remained stretched across my face, and my heart felt lighter with relief, as if the weight of worry had let up a bit. I was glad things between Dylan and I were back to normal.

"How far are we from the river?" I asked him curiously as my eyes surveyed the trees surrounding us.

But I could barely see past five feet in front of me, with how little light the moon was providing.

Dylan peered around before replying, "We're close."

I was surprised he was even capable of recognising our surroundings past the darkness settled over the trees. All I saw were trees, trees and oh look, more trees.

The darkness was unsettling, to say the least. I had been on alert the whole time, half expecting something to jump out to grab me at every turn.

True to Dylan's words, it wasn't long before I heard the familiar sound of rushing water, and soon after, the smell of wet soil and grass.

I watched Heath fluidly duck under a low hanging tree branch, Elliot close behind him. The sound of the water was louder now, and Dylan and I followed after. I squeezed in between Dylan and Heath, Elliot on Heath's right, as we stood at the bank of the river, the water rushing in front of our feet.