✿ weak ✿

I CANNOT BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY READING HEATH!!!! THIS CHAPTER IS EXTRA LONG FOR MY LOVELY READERS <3

(I proofread like 100000000 times and edited it like 71939481019392010:)1038889 times because this chapter is like 10383838282992019282 words long.)

p.s. if you spotted the :) in the a/n above then you deserve an oreo.

x caryl

FOUR

I unlocked the bathroom door and pulled it open, calmly standing in the bathroom with my arms crossed over my chest as I stared up at Heath. My face betrayed no emotion even though my heart was ramming against my ribcage.

"What do you want?" I said in a steady voice, keeping my face stoic.

A scowl formed on his lips and I realised I had yet to see him show something besides aggravation and anger towards me.

"Dinner's in twenty minutes time," Heath said, his eyes cold and unfriendly.

I stared at him blankly for a second, my eyes widening in disbelief.

"Couldn't you have just told me that through the goddamn door instead of threatening to knock it down?" I snapped, both irritated and bewildered.

"I'm introducing you to the pack during dinner. Mariam's idea," Heath said flatly, completely ignoring my outburst.

"Why would you want to introduce me to your pack?" I asked, a frown on my lips. "You do know that I have no intentions of staying here, right? I have to get back to my family-"

"No you're not. You're staying," Heath cut in, eyes flashing. "No arguments."

Anger boiled in my chest and my eyes narrowed at the utter audacity of him.

Who the fuck did this asshole think he was?

Just because he was some big shot Alpha didn't mean that he could order me around like I was his fucking dog.

I dropped my hands to my side, taking a threatening step forward, his chest only a few inches away from my eye level. I had to tilt my head up to glare at him because he was freakishly tall, but I didn't let that deter me from shooting him the dirtiest glare I could muster.

"I make my own decisions, asshole," I hissed, jabbing a finger to his chest. "And my decision is I'm not staying here, so you can forget about introducing me to your pack," I said mockingly, throwing his words back at him.

I ignored the buzz of electricity when I touched his chest, and the fact that it was hard as rock under the thin, black shirt he had on, and that he smelled fucking heavenly like spices and cologne-

What the fuck? Was I seriously smelling him?

I was appalled at my own thoughts, and if I were capable being flustered, I would have flushed red right then.

But I coolly kept my face straight, the scowl on my lips never wavering.

"Don't call me that," he growled lowly. His hand shot up to grab my finger, pulling it away from his chest. "And don't poke me."

Sparks flew where his hand was clasping mine, and I quickly yanked it out of his hold.

I couldn't waste any more time. I had to do it now.

"Then don't tell me what to do," I retorted, speaking to distract him from my hands, which were subtly reaching to the back pocket of my pants, where the switchblade was hidden out of sight.