✿ memory ✿

no guys, she didn't die.

x caryl

TWELVE

Seth and I barely managed to throw ourselves out of its way in time, the wolf brushing past us and landing a few feet away.

My whole weight landed on my shoulder, and a lance of pain shot through it, making me wince.

That was going to bruise later.

My attention dragged back to the wolf as it let out a feral snarl, whirling around at a speed so fast I was surprised it didn't get whiplash.

"Lexie!" Seth shouted in warning.

I saw the wolf shoot towards me in a dark blur and I swiftly rolled to the left, getting leaves and twigs tangled in my hair and digging into my back, narrowly avoiding being crushed by its huge paws.

I managed to scramble to my feet just as it swiped a paw at me, claws outstretched.

I barely managed to dodge it.

"Stop! We're not trying to hurt you!" I shouted, frustration and desperation clear in my voice as I dodged its continuous attacks.

The wolf only snarled in response before it tried to tackle me to the ground. I lunged out of the way at the last second as he tackled the empty air where I had been standing.

What the fuck was Seth even doing?

My eyes flitted to where Seth was for a second, momentarily distracted. The wolf saw its chance and abruptly lunged forward, claws outstretched.

Its razor sharp claws dug into the flesh of my upper arm, ripping right through the muscle. My mouth opened to scream in pain, but all that came out was a choked gasp.

I heard Seth shout my name but it sounded distant to the roaring in my ears.

Red hot fire crawled up the entire length of my arm, the agonising heat coiling at where my arm had been torn into. My whole body was shaking, every breath I took causing a searing heat to lance up my arm, and automatic tears of pain sprung to my eyes.

I was breathing hard as I staggered backwards, and I had to blink rapidly to clear the white haze clouding my vision.

Something wet and sticky was trickling down my arm, dripping from my fingertips and splattering onto the forest floor, staining the leaves and twigs a blood red.

The coppery scent of blood, my blood, invaded my nostrils, making my stomach twist with nausea. My knees were shaking and all I could feel was pain in multitudes, enveloping every cell in my being.

"Lexie!" Seth's alarmed shout was the only warning I got before I saw the wolf launch its entire frame at me, lightning fast. I clumsily dodged it, still feeling dazed and disorientated from the pain overwhelming my senses.

I somehow managed to trip over my own two feet, my movements feeling lethargic and my limbs feeling heavy, and landed on my injured arm, the twigs digging into it.