Chapter 16 -

Thanks LittleMissGleek for your creation of Brooklyn Davis!!!:D Everyone else will have a dedication later as I continue to update!!

Not an extremely important chapter, but its an important part to build up to whats gunna happen in the next chapter! I apologize if I'm taking to long to hit the climax of the story, but it's coming!!:D Thanks for reading! 

Vote, comment, fan, enjoy♥♥

_______________________________________________________________________

***Layla's Point of View***

School had been now going on for two weeks and nothing has gotten better. I refused to tell the other girls about my problem even though Natalya, Camile, and Allen were trying to push me to. As much as this annoyed me, I took most of it out on Allen. I've been so emotional lately that I've started to push him away even when I don't mean to.

However, even if I was still stressed, I was slowly getting the hang of school. I could recognize my friends, teachers, and got used to the layout of the school. The classes were a little tough since I was constantly distracted, but all my lessons from other years were still in my brain so it wasn't to difficult.

I couldn't help but laugh when I realized I had remembered my math skills over my own friends and family. It was too ridiculous.

"Layla!" Snapped Mrs. Kampp. I turned my gaze from the sunny window to see the whole class staring at me. All the blood rushed to my face as I looked apologetically at the middle aged teacher. "What is the answer?" She said, her eyes glaring at me from behind her dark framed glasses.

"I don't know." I muttered, lowering my head, but not soon enough to see the smirk on her face.

Someone else offered to answer the question and I returned to looking out the window. I was interrupted again from a tap on my shoulder. I looked up to see Allen giving me a suspicious look. 

"You alright?" He wondered as he raised his eyebrows.

I glanced to my right to see the whole classroom filing out.

"Yeah." I murmured, grabbing my books off the table and rushing out. It was an obvious lie. I was far from alright, I was completely stressed. However, I wasn't going to keep whining even though I hated keeping everything in.

Next period was lunch so I pecked Allen's cheek before going to my locker. I fumbled with the lock and the door opened with a squeak. My books landed in my already messy locker with a thud as I grabbed a few dollar bills and went to the lunch room. I never really waited for Allen because this was the time when he met up with some of his friends. 

Apparently, Allen was kind of popular. I mean, he wasn't a jock or anything, but most of the people in school got along with him. I learned that I was also an average student. However, Juliannah made it clear how much she disliked the popular's which made me happy with my spot on the social ladder.

I passed a few tabled before sliding into my spot next to Camile at the table. She seemed kind of mellow, but perked up when she saw me. 

"Thank god you're here," she whispered. "Jordan and Juliannah won't shut up!"

I let out a small laugh as I looked up to see them both having a small argument over what type of music was better.

"Country!" Hissed Juliannah.

"Rock!" Snorted Jordan, rolling her eyes.

Even if I still didn't remember these girls too well, it was kind of easy to pick up on their personalities. Jordan and Juliannah were both very free and outgoing people who thought they should be right. They loved each other, but the competition to be the louder person sometimes got to them. It was always something stupid too. Like which music was better or which guy was hotter, stuff that didn't really matter to the rest of us.