Chapter 30 -

A/N will be at the end of the chapter- READ IT!<3

---

***Layla's Point of View***

Grass tickled under my feet as I jogged behind Allen. After graduation, we've been so busy trying to plan for our future that we haven't gotten anytime together. But, today was our anniversary so we needed to spend this time together.

Of course, we ended up going to the park. Any time we did have time to spare, it was always at the park. A warm breeze blew my hair back as I finally caught up with him. While I was panting, he seemed completely fine.

"Allen, slow down." I begged, wrapping myself around his arm.

Today we were going into the woods behind the park. Only once have we journeyed here and that was when we went on our first date. 

"I'll just carry you." Smiled Allen, picking me up bridal style.

I bumped up and down in his arms, but I still felt safe. The path was completely unfamiliar, but somehow Allen knew exactly where to go.

Soon, his footsteps slowed and he set me down carefully. Gently holding my shoulders, he spun me around so I could see where we were. I held my breath in awe. It was beautiful and exactly how my memory let me remember.

There was a big tree, the biggest in the woods. It's trunk curved and allowed us to sit comfortably on it. Above us was thick layers of trees, making us feel alone with each other in the dim light. Allen set out a big blanket on the bottom of the tree. Knowing him, he would've brought a picnic basket, but we had eaten before.

"Allen, it's beautiful." I whispered, leaning in for a kiss.

Our lips collided as he eased us on to the blanket until we pulled away and lay next to each other. A few ants climbed onto out blanket, but it just reminded me how nothing could be perfect. Kind of like us.

"You remember how we met, right?" He asked, life glowing in his eyes.

"Of course I do." Leaning on his chest I reminisced the day.

--

"Look at that sexy kid over there!" Camile giggled, purring at the blond across the cafeteria.

"Camile, calm yourself please." Rolling my eyes, I plopped into my usual seat waiting for the line to go down. This year Camile's boy crazy hormones kicked in and sometimes, she couldn't control herself. "Go say hi to him if you want him so bad." I challenged.

"Me? Really Layla? You should know by now that I love being single. Flirting with one guy ain't going to cut it. I was talking about for you!" She squealed at the last part.

"I appreciate you trying to hook me up with everything that has a penis, but I don't think it'll work. Besides, he's been in this school for years and has never noticed me, it's not going to work."

Laughing, Camile stood up to go get her lunch while I trailed along. Back in this age, I still had my neon braces and tight french braid that made me look bald from the front. Camile was still trying to find the difference between creepy and 'unique', so you could say she was quiet a sight. However, somehow, she could still get a guys attention. I suppose it was all about your attitude.

On my plastic tray, I started to assemble a deli sand which. It always started off with Italian bread, swisscheese, a little tomato, and a big portion of honey mustard. Camile started to order a salad and I slid my tray to the cash register. Plugging in my student I.D., the cashier nodded and let me pass by after handing her my two dollars.