Chapter 13 -

***Layla's Point of View***

"Wake up!" Chanted Camile.

She was shaking my tired body, but I knew I had to wake up. It was Allen's birthday today and we had all planned to make a surprise party. The only bad part was, it required us to wake up at 4:00 a.m. 

"Don't make me get a cold bucket of water! You know I'll do it." She said. I could sense the evil grin on her face and knew she would.  So, I threw off the covers and opened my eyes to show her I was awake. "That's my girl!" She said, already going through my drawers for clothing.

"Hey!" I mumbled. "I can pick out my own clothes."

"We are a half hour behind schedule, and your not helping. So, I have to make things go as fast as possible." She explained, already pulling out a white summer dress.

She threw the dress and it lightly landed on my face. She laughed as she left the room, and I knew I would have to get up and get ready. I ignored my drooping eyes and slipped on the dress while going to the bathroom. I made my hair even more curly then normal, but it still appeared casual. Then, I ran the mascara brush through my lashes and lightly brushed my cheeks with blush.

Then, something caught my nose. I could smell something burning downstairs and quickly rushed downstairs to see what it was.

"Camile!" I yelled. She was over the stove with a pan full of black and smoking pancakes. "What did you do?"

She smiled, obviously amused with the situation. "I was attempting to make pancakes, but I don't think I succeeded." She brought the pan over to the trash and tossed the mushed pancake into the garbage bag. "Well, that's the end of my cooking career!"

I rolled my eyes at her casual reaction and popped some bread in the toaster. "Camile, I need to get Raina and Triston, don't burn this." I said, sarcastically.

"Hey, I promise to never cook again if you promise to keep your sarcasm to yourself." She said, acting mad.

I giggled at her acting and ran upstairs to get Raina and Triston. Surprisingly, Raina was already up, but I still needed to get Triston. Waking him up is one of the hardest things known to man, but I don't kid around when I have to do it. Sometimes he gets me back when it's the other way around, but I don't mind.

"Wake up sleepy head!" I sang, using the most awful singing voice I could use. He slightly shifted and groaned. "Get up! Your slowing us down." I yelled. His response was throwing a pillow at my face so I threw it back.

"I'm up." He mumbled.

"Fine, you want it the hard way?"

His eyes shot open and he threw himself out of bed. In this household, the water bucket wasn't a joke. That's how Camile learned how to wake me up. I smiled as he gave me an annoyed look and left the room to check on Camile.

"The toast lived!" She called, smiling.

"Thank god!" I laughed, and took out plates. 

We all quickly ate our breakfast and then loaded into my car, but Camile took her own. I was onlyaloud to drive because we've visited there a few times, and I would be following Camile.  We were going to set everything up at his favorite restaurant, in a room we reserved. My mom was already there helping Allen's parents, Tabby and Mark. I thought it would be a little awkward meeting them, since I haven't seen them since my memory loss, but I figured I would get over it.

I pulled into the empty parking lot of Sticky Ribs, the restaurant, and got out. The sun was slowly rising, sending gorgeous colors through the sky. Camile opened the huge glass door as we got in and a waiter led us to the private room in the back. My mom finished taping the banner to the ceiling that read "Happy 18th!" and stepped off the ladder to greet us. Tabby and Mark shyly walked over, probably not sure on how to introduce themselves.