Chapter 17 -

Thank you SO much Orangeriot12 for the creation of Jordan Kennedy AND that AMAZING drawing on the side of Layla:D you're amazing!!!

Please enjoy this dramatic chapter(; Things will be pick up speed now!!!

____________________________________________________________________

"What happened to you?" Whispered Allen as he leaned across the isle towards my desk. "You disappeared before I could see you." He explained, his eyes full of worry.

I almost fell for his worrisome look, but I was to angry to even bother and relieve him. The fact I was angry had not much to do with him, but all my frustration was going to be let out on him, I just knew it. My anger for everything was building up for weeks, and I knew my small outbursts were nothing compared to what was going to happen. I had let down everyone, and they don't even blame me. They continue to cover up their frustration with me, but I know exactly what their thinking.

They're all sick of me.

"Nothing." Was all I could say, my voice was short and cold. I felt him slightly wince at my harsh tone. Well, at least he wasn't covering that up.

Allen let out a small sigh and leaned back into his chair. I could tell neither of us were paying attention to the teacher from out pencil tapping and the way Allen would sneak looks at me when he thought I wasn't looking. I bet I looked like a mess with my red eyes and nose so it gave me another reason to block his vision of me.

I tilted my head to the right, away from his sight, and let my hair make a blond wall between us. That brought my eyes to Camile's desk, but she was deep into her work to look at me which I was happy about. I didn't want to talk to anyone. That's when I remembered that I would have to drive home with Allen.

Great.

My next class went by slowly, but not slow enough. I absolutely did not want to be in the same car as Allen right now, especially with Triston. I didn't want my little brother to be in the car if I accidentally blew up; who knows what would come out of my mouth. 

Allen and I walked out of the classroom together with an awkward space between us. Usually, we would hold hands, but today both of us knew I wasn't in the mood. I left Allen to go to my locker without even looking at him. I threw a random notebook in my backpack, hoping that it would be my homework and left for Allen's car. I leaned on the hood until I saw Allen's pale face come through the crowd. He unlocked the car and we sat inside waiting for Triston.

The silence was so bad, I thought it would kill me. Suddenly I knew exactly what Taylor Swift meant by, "I never heard silence quiet this loud" because frankly, it was screaming in my ears.

"So," Allen choked out, uncomfortably shifting in his seat. "What happened today Layla. Tell me the truth." He said, giving me the most worried look I've ever seen since I met him in the hospital.

"Nothing." I repeated, the words barely came out of my gritted teeth.

"No, something happened and you have to tell me what it was. I care about you Layla, I need to know whats going on." He said, his words almost coming out shaky.

I was furious! Doesn't he have enough of me yet? He has been listening to my rants all these weeks, and now he wants more? No one is that good of an actor to fool me.

"Can you just stop it?" I yelled, my voice stern and venomous. I saw Allen flinch back, but a huge wave of confusion overtook his features. Typical, he didn't even get it. He thought I was too dumb to figure out his fake love and worry.

"Layla, I'm worried, please explain things to- "

He was cut off with Triston entering the car. Allen froze and then leaned back into his seat to turn the car on. I forced myself to stop shaking and calm down for Triston's sake.