Chapter 6 -

***Layla's Point of View***

The next afternoon my mother came by to pick me up from the hospital. Allen had offered to do it multiple times, but she claimed that she felt bad for not being here and she wanted to be the one to at least drive me. Allen couln't keep objecting, so he gave in.

Allen had stayed with me all night, and it appeared he had stayed up all night from the bags under my eyes. I wish I remembered him. I secretly pretended to sleep as my mind wondered in search for a memory with him. I also enjoyed pretending to sleep because he would come over and intertwine his strong but gentle hands into mine. Then, he gently kissed my forehead and it made my heart race. I knew he wouldn't do this to me when I was awake because he was afraid to startle me with strong feelings. I didn't really know if I could ask him to kiss me, I was still very uncomfortable with this situation.

I snapped out of my small memory from last night as my mother was calling my name. I would sometimes forget it was my name and not respond right away, but I was starting to get better at that.

"Well, there is some good news." she said, mostly talking to Allen. "She has retrograde amnesia, so her future memories won't be affected."

Allen sadly smiled. It was kind of obvious that that was whats going on, but I guess they were looking for the ''silver lining''.

I wish I could find one, but how could I?

I didn't remember my family, my friends, my home, or even the man I loved. I would fantasize at the memories we might of had together, secretly hoping something might click and I would remember everything about us.

I shook my head, angery with myself. This was so frustrating.

Soon, I had changed into normal clothes other then the ones the hospital gave me and we started heading outside. I was so eager to be outside after being stuck in my small and uncomfortable hospital room.

Then, large glass doors appeared and I ran outside. I breathed in the fresh air sighed. The warm air covered me and it was very humid, especially compared to the heavily air conditioned hospital, but it felt nice. Allen said I've been in there for about three weeks, so I decided that I really did need this.

I heard a few giggles from my family who had just stepped outside with me. They watched at how excited I was to be outside, but I didn't care; it felt amazing.

"Come on Layla, this way." said my mom, motioning to walk up the sidewalk. I turned to see Allen not following us.

"Your not coming?" i asked.

"Nah, my cars over there, but I'll meet you at your house." he slightly grinned. I took a small step forward and started leaning into me, but we both hesitated. I didn't know him yet. I knew I used to know him, but my new mind didn't and it was too confusing.

He stepped back, his perfect lips turning into a frown and guilt pinched my stomach in every place possible. Then, he awkwardly bounced back and took off for his car.

I turned around on my heel and jogged to catch up with everyone else. My head drooped and I was more frustrated then ever. I'm actually emotionally hurting other people now. But was it really my fault?

Was it going to get worse? Something in my stomach made me think yes, and I got upset. I noticed everyone stopped at a 2001 Chevrolet Suburban and everyone got in.

They all knew what the car looked like, I didn't. This bothered me more then it should. I opened the passenger car door and hopped in, buckling myself.

The car ride was pretty silent. I was happy, I needed piece and quiet. Not only was I totally stressed out from what was going on, but I had an excruciating headache that made me want to slam my head on the car window.