Epilogue

{edited}

IF YOU LOVE THEM AND THEY LOVE YOU, YOU WILL ALWAYS FIND EACH OTHER.
–MARY MARGARET BLANCHARD, ONCE UPON A TIME

SOMEONE ONCE SAID, "Loving someone and having them love you back is the most precious thing in the world." For Pietro and Cara, the love for each other was a precious thing to them. Pain and grief had tormented the two long enough to the point where they were close to giving up on love forever. Until they found each other that is.

It was obvious that the two clearly loved each other. The longing stares, the smiles they gave each other absentmindedly, the way their faces slightly flushed bright pink. Even if people didn't know the two, it was crystal clear how much they loved each other.

The couple stood on the balcony, standing near the railing. Even though they didn't seem to shine as bright in the city, the stars seemed to shine like jewels in the night sky. The crescent moon shone like a beacon, shedding pure moonlight on the large city. It was as if the night sky was happy for the two.

Her lips pointed up in a smile as Pietro's grip on her tightened. His chin was resting on top of her shoulder and he kissed it lightly. His arms were wrapped around her body, pulling her closer to his midriff. Cara reached a hand behind to tug lightly on his hair. She turned her head, pulled his lips to hers and smiled into the kiss. When she pulled apart, Pietro was looking deep into her blue eyes.

His hand reached to cup her cheek and she leaned into it. She always felt a fire in her body, warming at the sight of the Sokovian boy. For him, it was the same. Fire burned in his body and he could hear his heart hammering in his ears. When he first met her, his throat seemed to burn and dry; what could he say to someone as beautiful as her, someone as angelic as her? Pietro almost stuttered but somehow kept his cool around her. He had compared Cara to an angel, sent to watch over him and along the way, he had fallen in love with her.

Cara wrapped her arms around Pietro's neck and in return, he placed his hands on her waist. Although there was no music, they swayed to their own beat. The blonde girl leaned her forehead against his chest, listening to the steady beat that is his heart. Pietro kissed the top of her head.

At a small thought, Cara silently giggled and Pietro cocked an eyebrow, "What?"

Cara looked up, watching him. "It's hard to believe that just a while ago, we were planning the deaths of all everyone here and now, here we are, happily living with them." She gave him a smile. "Oh, the irony."

"Is it possible to love someone so much as I love you?" Pietro whispered, immediately changing the subject but Cara didn't mind.

"I don't know," Cara said. She paused. "I love my love with an H because he's happy."

"What?" he chuckled.

"I said, 'I love my love with an H because he's happy.'"

Pietro shook his head. "I have no idea what that means but I love it."

They stood like that in silence for another minute or two before Cara spoke again. "Pietro Maximoff, I will always love you. I know that somewhere I have to have family... but for now, you are my family. I will stay with you forever."

Pietro leaned down to kiss her; their kiss was slow and soft, yet passionate. Cara's arms wrapped Pietro's neck as his wrapped around her body. "I will love you, always and forever."

Her cerulean blue eyes sparkled and looked love-struck, which they were. "Always and forever... I like the sound of that."

A/N: Unfortunately, this is the end of Little Warriors :( I'm really sad that this is ending. But I have an author's note after this. Love you guys :)