Twenty

{edited}

❝SHOUT, SHOUT, LET IT ALL OUT. THESE ARE THE THINGS I CAN DO WITHOUT.❞
–TEARS FOR FEARS, SHOUT

A PAIR OF ARMS wrapped around Cara's waist as she screamed Pietro's name. She kicked and screamed for him, wanting to be at his side. "Cara, please stop. He's gone," a voice said. She instantly recognized it as Steve's voice but she ignored it.

"Pietro! Pietro!" she shrieked. Finally, Steve released her and she dashed to Pietro's side, cupping his face. His eyes stared back at her blankly at her blue ones. "Please, stay with me. You said that you would stay with me, okay? Don't do this, Pietro. Please don't go."

"Hey, kid, I'm gonna put him on the boat, okay?" she heard Hawkeye say behind her. She gave a shaky nod as he picked him up, taking Pietro on the ship.

"Cara –" Steve started but was cut off by a scream.

Cara's.

She had fallen to her knees, one hand on the floor holding her up and one hand clutching her head. Around her, a purple dome made of energy surrounded her with fire licking the edge of it. The people could hear the multiple cries of animals in pain – a wolf's cry, an eagle's screech, a lioness' roar. Small pieces of rubble floated around the screaming girl. The ground, the buildings, even the boats were shaking. Everyone could hear a faint screeching sound, almost like a bird's. Then as soon as it happened, it stopped.

Fresh tears spilled down her cheeks as she sobbed quietly. "Pietro..." she cried. "Oh, god." She felt arms wrap around her body and pick her up. She knew it was Steve but she didn't look it up. A few moments later she felt her body placed against the cool metal of the boats.

Oh, god, Cara thought. Wanda.

Where was the Sokovian girl? Cara searched, mostly getting the thoughts and visions of the people on the boats but eventually she found her.

Wanda walked up to the smoldering and broken body of Ultron, her eyes broken and her fingers waving around, red wisps surrounding the tips. She kneeled down before the robot, hearing him speak, "Wanda. If you stay here, you'll die."

"I just did." You could hear her cracked voice through the anger coursing through her body. "Do you know how it felt?"

Her anger flared up as she brought up her hand. The robot groaned as the front of his body started to pull apart, red wisps covering Wanda's hand and the front of Ultron's body. Wanda tightened her hand and opened it as a metallic heart shot out of Ultron's body, now being held in the Maximoff girl's shaky hand. Her sweet green eyes were now full of hatred and anger and sorrow and loneliness, things Cara had never seen in her eyes except when glaring at the man know as Tony Stark, who had been the reason her parents died.

Her hand was shaking slightly as she examined the machine in her hand. In her thoughts, she immediately disregarded it as what it was meant to be a heart. Nothing as cruel and immoral as him would have a heart. Someone with a heart wouldn't just kill her brother without a single regret, someone wouldn't just kill her best friend's lover, someone wouldn't just rip apart the one person she had left in the world.

Wanda's hard eyes stared down at the metal organ then back at Ultron. "It felt like that," she whispered in a harsh voice.

Cara watched with solemn eyes as she watched through Wanda's vision. More tears fell from her face as she realized where she sat. She was sitting right next to Pietro's body, his eyes shut. She leaned forward, cupping his face and kissing his forehead. She could feel several eyes on her, not in fear from watching her scream - which had caused not only one, but all of her powers to shoot out and spark - but looks of pity and sorrow.

"Please stay with me, Pietro," Cara begged but she knew it was useless. At a sudden movement, she jumped, seeing Pietro's eyes slightly move up and stare back at hers.

He whispered her name, "Cara," before his eyes rolled back into his head.

Cara's breathing quickened, thinking one thought over and over again. He's alive. He's alive. He's alive.

She pressed her lips against his and she whispered, "Pietro, come on. Please, come back. Stay strong."

The boat rocked slightly as it docked against the hellicarrier. Hawkeye helped her up as she watched several agents pick up the speedster and place him on a gurney. They ran off leaving the agent with the English girl. Hawkeye wrapped an arm around the girl's shoulders. "He'll be alright, kid. He's a warrior like you."

Instead of replying, she leaned against the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and together, they walked into the hellicarrier, following the agents running Pietro off.

A/N: Before I continue with this author's note, I just want to say that my heart goes out to every single Parisian right now. If you don't know, there has been an ISIS attack where I believe a hundred people have been killed. My heart broke the moment I heard about that so if anyone in Paris or just France reads this message, please know that my heart goes out to you and I hope you people take care.

Also, Pietro will not be dead because he is bae. There's only about four chapters left, I think. While I have you here, I actually have three theories on how Pietro is alive and WILL return to MARVEL:

1. Because of his powers, his speed has been increased and a bunch of other fun things, so why not his healing? Right? Please tell me I'm right.

2. THE CRADLE!!! If you recall in the beginning of the movie, Hawkeye was healed with it so it can save Pietro, correct? And even if it was destroyed, Tony and Helen Cho can just rebuild it. I mean, Tony kinda owes Wanda since it's his fault her parents are dead and her home destroyed. If he didn't make those bombs, their parents wouldn't be dead, the twins wouldn't have volunteered for the experiments, they wouldn't have joined Ultron, and they wouldn't have been in the Battle of Sokovia. So, technically, this is ALL Tony's fault that Pietro is dead... just saying...

3. WHEN HAS ANYONE IN MARVEL EVER ACTUALLY DIED? I mean, like important characters that dramatically affected the plot. Bucky/The Winter Soldier? Groot? Agent Phil Coulson? Nick Fury? Loki? C'mon, did any of them actually ever die? No? I didn't think so. So Joss Whedon, please go and get your shit together and bring our bae back!

4. If he is really dead or they aren't planning on bringing him back, why did they take his body with them? I mean, Sokovia was going to be destroyed... just saying.

That was a long author's note. I'll see you people on Monday. Bye guys!

#PrayForParis