Nine

{edited}

REMEMBER THE DAY 'CAUSE THIS IS WHAT DREAMS SHOULD ALWAYS BE. I JUST WANT TO STAY, I WAKE UP IN MONTAUK WITH YOU NEAR.
–RYAN STAR, LOSING YOUR MEMORY

"WE'LL MOVE OUT RIGHT AWAY," Ultron said with the three enhanced trailing behind him. They had arrived at the HYDRA facility the three had been at for the past few months. More robots were around the room, making more of them. Ultron held onto a long chain and tugged at it. "This is a start, but there's something we need to begin the real work."

"All of these are... " Wanda trailed off.

"Me. I have what the Avengers will never have: harmony. Stark's already got them turning on each other, and once the two of you get inside their heads -"

Pietro interrupted abruptly. "Everyone's plan is not to kill them."

"And make them martyrs? You need patience. You need to the big picture."

"I don't see the big picture," Pietro retorts. "I have a little picture. I take it out and look at it, everyday."

"You lost your parents in the bombings. I've seen the records."

"The records aren't the picture."

Wanda held her brother's upper arm, begging him to stop. "Pietro..." she said as he pulled his arm away.

"No, please," Ultron said, allowing him to continue.

"We were ten years old. Having dinner, the four of us," Pietro said as his gaze settled on his twin sister. "When the first shell hits, two floors below, it makes a hole in the floor... it's big. Our parents go in and the whole building starts coming apart. I grab her –" He motions to his sister "– and roll under the bed, and the second shell hits. But it doesn't go off. It just... sits there in the rubble, three feet from our faces. And on the other side of the shell is painted one word... " He gave a small smile, but not of joy. It was a pained smile.

"Stark," Wanda hissed, like spitting out a poison.

"We were trapped for two days."

Wanda spoke up, continuing for her brother. "Every effort to save us, every shift in the bricks, I think, 'This will set it off.' We wait for two days for Tony Stark to kill us." Her eyes hardened.

"I know what they are."

"I wondered why you two survived Strucker's experiments. Now I don't." Ultron turned toward Cara who had been reassuringly holding Pietro's hand. "And what about you? There's barely a thing on you, Cara."

The blonde girl hesitated, before letting out a sigh. "From the moment I woke up there, I had no memory. Everything I had gone. Strucker had told me that I volunteered for this but then I remember thinking, 'Why would I do this if I forget everything? If my family is taken from me?'" She paused for a second. "Since I had met the twins, my memories have slowly been resurfacing. I always receive memories of the same two people who I believe to my brother and sister.

"I had dreamed of leaving HYDRA to find them... I always thought that they would be looking for me but now... " Cara looked up at the twins, seeing them looking at her with pained looks. She gave them small smiles. "But I now realized that the only family I need are Wanda and Pietro; they are the only ones that have known me kindness and compassion these past few months. Although, I feel like I've known them my whole life. They're the only reason I haven't died or I left. My one thought was, 'The twins need me and I need them.' They got me through the worst of times."

Pietro's hold on her hand tightened a little as he gave her a kiss on the temple and Wanda gave her a side-hug.

"We will make it right. You and I can hurt them," Ultron said to Pietro. He turned towards Cara and Wanda, tracing a finger along Wanda's cheek. "But you two can tear them apart... from the inside."

A/N: Guys, I'm gonna be Quicksilver for Halloween and I got a replica of his shirt from the movie... I love it so far :)

So now you know a little bit more about Cara's past. I'll try and add some of Cara's memories but for now, I'll see you guys later. My next update will be at the usual time. Bye guys!