Two

{edited}

I ASSURE YOU, I'M NOT PUT TOGETHER AT ALL. NOR AM I BROKEN. I'M RECOVERING – FINDING THE BEAUTIFUL IN THE UGLY AND STITCHING IT INTO MY LIFE.
–RACHEL WOLCHIN

AFTER THE TWINS HAD been dressed in their civilian clothing, Baron Strucker had led them down a series of hallways, before approaching a large metal door. The twins remember when they were first here; their powers had just surfaced and being new to the whole enhanced thing, were forced to be seperated. Wanda could remember screaming for her brother when they dragged to seperate cells. Later, when she eventually started getting control of her powers and had spoken with Pietro telepathically.

Two guards stood next to the door, their guns armed and at the ready. Baron Strucker moved the slot on the door to reveal Subject 26. Pietro and Wanda both thought that she would be terrifying or at least her powers would be lashing out at the sudden squeaking of the metal. But what they saw confused them.

Inside was just a small bed with a metal frame, like there was when the twins were in their own cells trying to harness their powers. The walls were covered in scratch marks, some of the marks making strange symbols or words in multiple languages. The Maximoffs only got some of the words translated, most of them were pleas of help. Their eyes trailed to the small figure huddled in the corner, her knees pulled to her chest.

They could see her blonde hair in tangles and knots, covering her pale face. At the sound of the slot opening, she turned her head, revealing her bright blue eyes. Her eyes seemed to focus on the Maximoff twins. They were blue, like Pietro's, but full of fear and pain. She turned her head back to looking at the wall, before she heard a quiet muttering from outside.

"Is it possible that we could go inside?" Wanda asked the baron.

"If you want." He took a key card out of his pocket and swiped it, the door opening slowly before it opened all the way with a creak.

The twins, their hands intertwined with each other's, slowly approached the blonde girl. Wanda let go of her brother's hand before stepping forward towards the girl, her hand now extended towards the girl. In response, the girl shuffled closer to the corner of the room, pressing herself against the gray wall. The girl looked at the brunette's hand in fear, pain-ridden thoughts filling her brain. Would this girl hurt her like Strucker would? Wanda, having looked into the blonde girl's head, gave her a kind smile, something the blonde was not used to.

"It's okay," she said with a smile, "I promise we won't hurt you. My name is Wanda." A sudden force pushed Wanda back and she stumbled into her brother who prevented her from falling. The blonde girl gasped and she tried to shuffle into her corner as tears fled down her cheeks.

Her thoughts were loud and clear. Wanda didn't even need to try to read them. Please don't hurt me, please. It was an accident. I didn't mean it, I swear. Oh, God, please help me.

Instead of feeling any incoming pain, the girl was surprised to see Wanda stretching out her hand again. Slowly, she accepted her help. With a small tug, Wanda pulled her to her feet. Not knowing her own strength, Wanda pulled a bit too hard, shooting her up and almost tumbling. Almost.

With his enhanced speed, Pietro reached forward and held the blonde girl, keeping her from falling. She fell against his body, her hands against his chest and her head falling against his shoulder. She let out a gasp as his arms wrapped around her waist, keeping her against his body. "Sorry," Pietro grinned. "Force of habit from keeping this clumsy girl from falling." He nodded his head towards the brunette Sokovian, who muttered something under her breath and wacked him on the arm. In response, Pietro chuckled.

With Pietro's help, she sat down on the bed with both twins sitting on each side of her. With a shaking voice, she spoke, "T-thank-k y-you." Unknown to them, those were the first words she had spoken in months. They could hear a slight accent to her voice, possibly English.

The twins smiled. "What's your name?"

Her eyes remained on the floor by her bare feet. "I-I d-don't know," she stuttered, timid like a scared child.

The pale haired boy thought for a moment. "Cara."

Confused, she looked up. "What?"

"Your name, I have decided, will be Cara," he said with a playful smirk. "Well, I know your name but you don't know mine. Well, Cara, my name is Pietro. Pietro Maximoff at your service."

A/N: Did you guys like this? I wanted Cara to meet the twins as soon as possible but not in the first chapter, ya know? Anyway, I really hope you guys are enjoying this. So, I'll update on Friday. Bye guys!