Five

{edited}

YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING?
–PIETRO MAXIMOFF, AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON

CLINT BARTON RAN through the woods, his bow at the ready. He turned to a small bunker where several HYDRA agents sat, repeatedly shooting at him but they missed. He hid behind a tree and aimed an arrow at it and released it, waiting to see the explosion. Instead, nothing happened; he saw two blurs, a silver blue one and a purple one. Again, he aimed another arrow before turning.

The silver blue blur ran into him, flipping him so he now fell on the ground, letting out a loud grunt of pain. As he stood up, he could hear two sets of footsteps walking past him. He looked up to see two people, a man and a woman both with blonde hair (except the man's was much lighter than hers, almost silver), both with blue eyes.

The man spoke, spinning one of the arrows. "You didn't see that coming?" He gave a big smirk plastered on his face and picked up the girl before speeding away.

Cara could never understand why but if Wanda wasn't with them, Pietro would pick her up bridal style and run off. She could just as easily do it herself so why did he do it?

About thirty feet away, Pietro set Cara down and gave her a small kiss on the temple, now seeing the infamous Black Widow approaching the fallen man, who she had called Clint. Out of the corners of their eyes they could see Steve Rogers, A.K.A. Captain America, in all his red, white and blue glory. Pietro ran straight into him so he flipped in the air. Captain America surprisingly landed on his feet before speaking into the comm, "We have an enhanced in the field."

Before he could say anything else, a blonde woman in a sleeveless black dress stepped out from behind a tree, about five feet from him. She shot out her hands, dark wisps escaping them and hitting him into a tree. She gave a dark chuckle before Steve saw something grab her and run off. "Make that two," he muttered into the comm.

ϟ

"Please be a secret door, please be a secret door, please be a secret door," Tony Stark practically begged as he pressed on the wall before it slid open. "Yay!" he exclaimed, like a child getting exactly what he wanted for Christmas.

He walked through the doorway to see a poorly lit hallway. As he made his way into the hidden lab, he heard Steve talk into the comm, "Guys, I got Strucker."

"Yeah, I got something bigger," Stark replied. Hanging on the ceiling was a Leviathan, one of the large flying creatures he fought in the Battle of New York. All around the lab were man-sized robots, copies of the Iron Man suit. Machines hovered over them, stopping midway through their process. And at the end of the room sat Loki's scepter, surrounded by more machines. "Thor, I got eyes on the prize."

Behind him stood a brunette girl in all black, watching him in silence. As Stark stood about a foot away from it, she stepped forward, wiggling her fingers on both sides of his head, small red wisps diving into his head.

Wanda stared at the man; she saw all the Avengers dead, because of him. That small possibility of war destroying everything and everyone he holds dear. Stark feared losing the people he cared about, like she used to and now because of him, she almost did, She stepped back as Stark snapped out of the vision. He reached out as the hand of his Iron Man suit latched itself onto his hand. He gripped the glowing scepter, ripping it off its spot on the table.

Behind the Maximoff girl, Pietro and Cara silently sped in the room. Pietro looked at the older man. He took a step forward but Wanda placed a hand on his chest. He looked at his sister in confusion then at Stark in pure hatred as he spoke, "We're just going to let him take it?"

Instead of replying, the corners of Wanda's lips tugged themselves into a large Cheshire Cat-like grin.

A/N: They're gonna meet Ultron soon and I also added in the deleted scene with the Maximoff twins. I love it <3 I'll see you next time, bye guys!