Nineteen

{edited}

THANTOPHOBIA – (N.) THE PHOBIA OF LOSING SOMEONE YOU LOVE

ALL THE AVENGERS stood in the almost destroyed church, standing near the metal core in the center of it. Agent Romanoff spoke, "What's the drill?"

"This is the drill," Captain America spoke, pointing a finger at the core. "If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose." A second later, the Hulk landed next to them, roaring loudly in the air.

Ultron floats in the air, several feet away from them. Thor stands at the front, screaming, "Is that the best you can do?"

An army of robots now runs forward, either floating with him or standing on the ground beneath him. "You had to ask," said the captain and shook his head.

Ultron lets out a humorless laugh. "This is the best I can do. This is exactly what I wanted: all of you against all of me. How can you possibly hope to stop me?"

"Like the old man said," Stark said, turning to the Avengers before staring down at the army. "Together." The Hulk's roar sounded behind them, like a trumpet before going to war. Cara let out a small chuckle.

Her hands tightened as she ripped apart the robots one by one, destroying anything that go to close to the core. Purple tendrils wrapped around her arms as robots were ripped apart and slammed into one another. She continued to whip her hands and arms around, continuously slamming her magic into the robots. Out of the corner of her eye, she sees Wanda also ripping them apart with her red hexes. She could also spot Pietro either ramming into robots or punching them and sending them into nothing more than broken pieces. They had come in packs, attacking one Avenger but another Avenger had stopped them before they could attack. Cara could've sworn that Wanda and Pietro were saving her repeatedly, always taking turns.

They slowly started to stop until they eventually started running away and flying off the heaping rock that was once Sokovia.

"We gotta move out," Captain America said before sending the Vision and War Machine to destroy the fleeing robots. "Even I can tell the air's getting pretty thin. You guys get to the boats. I'll sweep for stragglers. Be right behind ya."

Hawkeye stepped forward. "What about the core?"

"I'll protect it," said an accented voice. Cara turned to see Wanda stepping up, nodding at Hawkeye. "It's my job."

The Avengers give her a nod and they all run to the boats while Cara stayed behind. Pietro ran back in, kicking a dead robot.

"Get the people on the boats," Wanda said to them.

Pietro shook his head. "I'm not going to leave you here."

"Wanda, let us help," Cara said.

"I can handle this." A robot shot towards Wanda and she turns and shoots it with her hexes. "Come back for me when everyone else is off, not before." Her twin hums in response. "Do you understand?"

"You know," Pietro teased, "I'm twelve minutes older than you."

"Go," Wanda chuckled before Pietro picked up Cara and ran off.

The two ran off to the boats, seeing that there were few people left on the floating rock, people running onto the boats. Cara held Pietro's hand, "We did it." She turned towards him, kissing him lightly.

Pietro kisses her back and says, "Get on the boat, I'll watch over, okay?"

She nods and walks onto the boat, checking on the multiple wounded people. Cara walks over to a woman holding a blanket tightly wrapped around her. She cried out a boy's name and started crying. She recognized the woman as Zrinka from the market, and that her brother, Costel, was missing.

Cara looked over to see Hawkeye running towards the young boy laying on the floor among the rubble. She kneels in front of the woman, before speaking, "It's alright, my friend's getting him for you."

The sudden sound of gunshots made Cara turn, seeing Hawkeye straight in the path. "Clint!" she warned but he didn't make a move. Instead, the older man stared down at the rain of bullets heading towards him. In a sudden flash of silver and blue, a car was thrown in the path, protecting the two. Cara walked off the boat and back onto Sokovia, watching the scene unfold before her.

Pietro stood about three feet away from Hawkeye and the boy, several bullet wounds decorating his arms and torso. "You didn't see that coming," she heard him say. The Sokovian turned staring straight into Cara's blue eyes before he collapsed on the floor, his bright eyes now dull and blank.

A/N: I got sad writing this chapter :( Please stayed tuned for the rest of the story where Pietro WILL LIVE!!! I promise you that. I will update on Friday and since I don't have school Wednesday, I might put up my Hobbit story. Elizabeth Olsen is the face for my story ('cause she is QUEEN). Bye guys!