Chapter 14

I won't try and do a long author's note because I'm sure after two and a half weeks of no updates you're anxious to read the chapter so I just wanted to say that I wrote this sweeter chapter to say thank you for being so patient and understanding.

Thank you to everyone who reads/writes/comments/fans/votes. You guys are amazing :)

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar issues)

*****************************************************************************************

Chapter 14

H.C, W.W

                “What was she talking about?” Hanna murmured to Will a few moments after Lindzi had excused herself to go find something to eat.

                “Nothing you need to worry about at the moment.” Will answered easily. In the four or so hours that she’d been awake he hadn’t once let go of her whether it was simply holding her hand or carefully climbing onto the bed and curling into her side.

                “Will, I want to know.” Hanna frowned at the man sitting beside her and pulled her hand from his grasp. Will scowled and instantly engulfed her hand within his own.

                “It isn’t anything important and I know if I tell you know, it’ll upset you. I don’t want you upset when you’re still trying to heal.” Will pleaded with his mate and hoped she understood him and let it drop before Lindzi came back. He knew if Hanna was still asking about it her sister wouldn’t hesitate to tell her.

                Will wasn’t exactly afraid of Hanna leaving with her family because while he didn’t know much, he knew she didn’t have much contact with them. What we was afraid of was her family upsetting her enough to disrupt her healing process and causing her to relapse. He’d briefly talked to the doctor when Hanna was first brought in and was told that her wolf wasn’t healing her as fast as she normally would. That didn’t happen often but it was seen in werewolves who didn’t shift often and repressed their wolf. Since Hanna’s wolf was clearly being petulant  about healing her, it would be a longer more difficult process.

                And Will wanted to make sure Hanna had no other stress so she could focus on getting better.

                “Fine, but you will tell me.” Hanna glared but made a mental note to ask Lindzi about it when Will wasn’t around. She knew he only wanted to keep her calm but she wasn’t used to having someone watch out for her and it was a strange feeling.

                “Thank you.” Will sighed in relief and lay his head back on the pillow near her shoulder. His hand was resting on the opposite side of her waist so his arm was carefully keeping her anchored to him. “Hanna, you do know what this means right?”

                He wasn’t sure if this was the right time to bring it up, it probably wasn’t, but he needed her to know things were changing.

                “That you’re a touchy-feely person?” Hanna joked, sensing where the conversation was headed. Yes, she liked the feelings he brought out in her but he was still in a pack and worse yet, he was still an Alpha.

                “We’re mates Hanna and I don’t want to dance around it and act like we’re not.” Will stated bluntly, pulling back so he could look at her.

                Hanna looked away.

                “Will,” She paused and tried to find the right words. “I don’t think it would even work between us. I’m sorry that fate or the heavens or whatever paired you up with me because already I can see you deserve so much more. I just don’t think us being together is a good idea.”