Chapter 8

Sorry about the long wait, especially for this story. I was under a momentary bout of writers block but it's getting better and I can see what I want my next chapter to be about so it shouldn't be as long.

Thank you for waiting patiently and continuing to encourage me and I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate your support.

Dedicated to AngelGirl14 for the fabulous cover on the side. Thanks for making it and it looks great (:

Thank you to all my fans and the people that comment, vote, and fan. It's all appreciated

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar errors)

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter 8

H.C

                Hanna resisted the urge to glower as she carefully made her way up the steps that led to the massive house. Alright, it was more like a mansion Hanna decided. When she had left home she vowed to never return to pack life and everything that represented it. Now, coming to a pack house, she felt like she was giving up on that vow. You’re not returning to pack life, you’re just following the wish of your client. Hanna repeated the mantra in her mind as she glanced around the house. It was lavish but homey, sophisticated but definitely lived in.

                “Wow, it’s so nice here.” Cassie gushed at Hanna’s side.

                Tinsley Weston had extended an invitation to attend the weekend pack BBQ to both Cassie and Hanna and if there was anything Hanna had learned from the ordeal, it was that Mrs. Weston was not someone who gave up on what she wanted. Hanna had tried to dodge her calls after the first invitation but Tinsley refused to let that stand in her way and instead made an unexpected appearance at the office. From there it would have been impossible to decline the invitation without sounding rude so Hanna, meekly, accepted.

                “You live in this pack and you’re astounded by the pack house?” Hanna glanced skeptically at her co-worker.

                “I’ve only been here a few times and I swear it gets nicer every time I see it.” Cassie barely spared Hanna a glance as her eyes took in the sparkling glory.

                “Why have you been here a few times at most? Don’t most of your pack functions happen here?” Hanna couldn’t help but feel curious.

                At her old pack it was common for teenagers to live in the pack house as a way to adjust to having their wolf make itself known. Having the Alpha and Beta near also helped keep their wolf under control and it taught them to respect the leaders in the pack. Hanna’s pack had been fairly small compared to Will’s pack so most gatherings that occurred took place at the pack house. The house was always viewed as an extension of the pack, a symbol of their unity and loyalty to each other.

                “Well you know the pack is large and covers more states than any other pack so it’s usually not big enough to have parties or gatherings here. Usually you only come here for local BBQ’s.” Cassie explained.

                “Have you even met everyone in this pack? I mean, if it’s so big it seems like it would be hard to keep everyone together.” Hanna frowned at the thought of a pack being divided.

                “Honestly, no. I’ve only met the pack members that live in this state and a few that are close by in surrounding states. As for how to keep everyone together, well that I don’t know about. However, if you’re really curious here comes someone you can ask.” Cassie inclined her head to the right.