Chapter 7

*uggg... I don't even know Ummm... Duncan has an unexpected ally

oh, and possibly a plot twist*

Chapter 7: Rythian's help? Really?

                                                Duncan pounded on the gates of Blackrock. "Maybe they're not here." Said Ty, who had his arm in a sling. "Oh, they're here." said Duncan motioning everyone to be quiet, "Here that? That's Zoey and her band." Jason bounced to the beat. "I like it!" "Yep, Art loved them." Duncan's face grew grim and he pounded on the gates even harder. How could he have let Sjin get away with Art? Stupid! So, stupid! "Hey." said Jo, putting her arm on his shoulder, "We'll get her back. It'll be fine." Duncan wasn't so sure that this was true. The music stopped and footsteps could be heard behind the gates, which opened a crack.

                                                   "Um, hi, Zoey. Is Rythian in the castle?" Duncan said awkwardly. She took in the group of people behind him before answering. "Yeah! He told you about how you helped him find me! Thanks a ton! It was really horrible! They also did mean things to me, wiring me up to a huge machine and stuff. I was in a tiny cell and they would only give me fish. Which was really, really, gross! So as soon as I came back, I just had to play Fishton." She looked at the groups confusion, then chattered on. "Oh, he's my fish harmonica!" "Um, Zoey," Duncan asked impatiently, paling at the thought of small cells and dank fish, he was slightly claustrophobic,  "Art has been taken by Sjin and we need Rythian to tell us where Sjin and Sips held you. I'm glad to see that your OK, at least, Zoey." She motioned them inside Blackrock. "I'll get Rythian. I'm sure that Art will be fine, she's pretty strong."

                                                      Rythian looked at the newcomers in his castle grounds. "What are you doing here, Duncan? Who are all these people?" Duncan sat down on the grass. "Art has been taken by Sjin, we need to get her back." He gestured at Jason, Jen, Jo, and Ty. "These are friends from before Art came to my castle. It's all kind of confusing." Duncan gave the story of how Art had come to his castle in a nutshell, leaving out most of the boring parts. Rythian looked at each of the friends in turn as they were mentioned, assessing them, it seemed to Duncan. He hated that he had to go to Rythian of all people for help, but this war had to end sometime, and he was willing to do it. Rythian sat down and drew a map from his cloak. "OK, I thought that this would happen, though I don't know the reason for any of this. But, anyway, I marked their base on the map that I have with me at all times."

                                                                Duncan thought this was a good idea and resolved to steal it as soon as he could. Rythian looked at Ty. "I can heal that, if you want." Ty nodded his head and Rythian took his arm and placed a Life Stone on his splinted arm. Ty groaned through gritted teeth. Jo looked on worriedly, though she didn't interfere, as Ty's arm warped and molded back into its proper shape. "Now that that is over," said Rythian, wiping sweat off of his brow. "Lets go get my sister back from those b$%^es."