Chapter 6

*Just that Duncan and Art finally start... loving each other??*

Chapter 6: Art x Duncan...Kinda...Finally

                                        Duncan looked at Art, who was staring around at everyone else with a far away look on her face. "I remember," she said, looking at Duncan, "a pit where they made me fight things...things that shouldn't exist." Duncan tried to resist asking her to describe these monsters. He had created a T-Rex, Teep was a huge success. Jen looked uncomfortable as she asked Art a question. "So, you don't remember anything?" Art looked at her, coming back into focus. "No, well actually, I do...sometimes. It comes back to me in flashes, not complete pieces, just little snippets." Duncan looked at her with surprise, she never told him anything! "Why didn't you tell me?"  He asked, only a hint of indigence in his voice. "You would have just worried, Duncan. I didn't want you to offer me another lobotomy." She rolled her eyes. Duncan realized that she thought that she was actually kind of cute. After the almost freaking 3 years that she had been at his castle, now he realized this? Duncan inwardly kicked himself.

                                           Duncan and Art showed Jason and Jen around the castle, Ty was sitting on the cot, talking to Jo. Duncan hoped that Art would be OK, though he knew that this was a lot to process. In fact, this was a lot to process for him. He looked around for Sjin, but couldn't see anything. "Oh, guys," He said stopping in the middle of a rant about the sorting room, "just watch out for Sjin. He's a guy in a space suit and is most likely hostile." Art looked at him, oh-oh not happy. "Why didn't you tell me, Duncan? I would have been on the lookout for him!" Duncan looked at the ground and said sheepishly. "I forgot." Art's voice softened. "It's OK. Just try to remember to tell me this sort of thing before he's RIGHT THERE!"

                                              All those present whipped around to find Sjin in his dirtied space suit grinning at them, holding a small potion gun.  Duncan frowned, they didn't have the technology to make that sort of weapon. He was distracted when Sjin shot him in the chest and grabbed Art around the waist, jumping off of the tower. Jen screamed as Duncan plummeted off of the towers balcony. He couldn't move, but he could activate his flying ring, he sped toward Sjin as fast as he could go, a living missile. Hmm... that was an idea, maybe he could string some C-4 into the DNA strands of a vine or something. Duncan shook his and found that he could move again, gawd that wore potion gun's effects off fast. But wait, how did Sjin expect to get out of the force field?

                                                 This question was answered when Sjin pulled out a remote and pressed a button, turning off the force field. That son of a b*%^$, Duncan thought. Art was slung over Sjin's shoulder, punching uselessly at his back. She got a good kick in his soft spot and he squealed, almost dropping her. Duncan sped up when Sjin growled and knocked her out with the butt of his gun, that ba#@&%$ would pay. An arrow whizzed up from Jen, who was holding a bow. It grazed Sjin's head, causing blood to spurt up from the wound. Duncan was just about to reach the unconscious Art when Sjin turned and, almost languidly, pressed a button on the remote. The force field switched on and Duncan slammed into it, immediately dropping to the ground. "Art!" he cried, then everything went dark.