Chapter 19: Kidnapped-Hermione

Hermione was so excited to try on her new locket from Romeo. She clasped it on around her neck, her smile growing wider by the minute. Suddenly there was a huge burst of white light and someone burst through her window. Glass flew everywhere. Hermione shrieked with terror. She fell to her knees, her hands protecting her face. She heard footsteps going over the shards of glass.

From downstairs, she could hear her father and Professor Snape running up the stairs to her room. When her bedroom door flew open, the mysterious person grabbed her and used her as a shield. She cried out for her dad, praying that he could save her. She was stunned to see that not only did Snape have his wand drawn, but so did her father. Her dad actually owned a wand of his very own.

She felt something poke her in the neck. She closed her eyes, waiting for something terrible to happen. The person threatened to kill her if either of them took another step towards them. "Daddy, help me!" she screamed to him. The person jumped out the window, towing her along. She screamed as she saw the ground coming closer to them. Suddenly, they were flying through the air. Her stomach was going every which way. They then came to a huge manor.

The person held their wand to her back and forced her to go forward. "Move forward, Mudblood. Or you will die," they said harshly. She slowly walked forward to a set of tall gates. In the middle was a green M. With a flick of the wand, the gates separated from each other, and they walked forward. The front door to the manor opened up to a woman with white and black hair. She couldn't see her face, for it was covered by a silver mask.

The mask was covered in engravings. It was a thing of beauty, and Hermione could see her eyes. They were a beautiful deep brown. "You're beautiful," she whispered. She felt the person behind her push her forward.

"Lock her in the spare room," the person ordered the woman. It was a man's voice. Hermione went tumbling into the woman. She caught Hermione before she hit the hard ground. Hermione turned to look at her attacker, but he was gone. The woman put her hand on Hermione's shoulder and lead her through the threshold into a large foyer.

They stopped underneath the large chandelier, and the woman left Hermione to stand there by herself. She came back with a fairly large ring of keys. She took her hand and began to push Hermione up the stairs. Hermione went with her, obeying every command that she gave. "Where am I?" she asked the strange woman. She looked up at the woman.

"In my home," she said. Hermione couldn't see her mouth move, due to the mask hiding it. "Please be quiet now. My son is asleep." Hermione nodded her head and they came to the very top of the stairs. They walked down a long corridor and came to a tall wooden door. The woman took her ring of keys and chose the one that was black and had a skull on the handle. She placed it into the keyhole and it turned with ease.

She pushed the door open to a small dark room. She reached inside and turned on the lights. The room was shabby and bland. A small one-person bed was against the wall underneath a window. There was an old vanity standing beside the even smaller bathroom. The entire room seemed as if it were dusty. The woman guided Hermione into the room and she sat down on the bed.

As she sat, the woman looked her up and down. Hermione heard a small gasp come from under the mask. "You're bleeding," she said. Hermione looked down at her hand. Sure enough, her hand had a fairly large gash in it. There was blood dripping onto her uniform. The woman closed the door behind her as she left. She heard the door lock.

Hermione scooted back against the wall and crossed her legs. The woman came back with her wand in one hand and a first aid kit in the other. She closed the door behind her and came to sit on the bed beside Hermione. "Would you rather me fix it the muggle way? Or can I heal it with magic?" she asked.