Chapter 8: The Mountain Giant-Severus

Severus watched Hermione leave the Great Hall. She had sent him her reply. Suddenly, Professor Quiller came bursting through the doors and began to scream about a giant in the dungeon. All at once mass chaos broke loss and Professor Quiller fainted. Severus was frightened. Hermione was wandering the castle by herself. If that giant got to her, she wouldn't live very long.

Minerva called order and Severus ran through the door, but he knew that this was suppose to be his oppurtunity to complete his mission and get by the large guard dog. He ran about the castle and into the castle tower where the large three-headed dog, Fluffy, began to growl at him. He attempted to outsmart the dog, but Fluffy managed to bite his leg. He let out a cry and limped out of the room and down the stairs.

He ran into Minerva and Quiller as he attempted to get to his chambers. The students were being lead to their dormitories by the prefects. Minerva was rushing them all to the girl's bathrooms. They was screaming and snarls coming from behind the door. He heard a scream that made his blood run cold, Hermione's. Hermione was in danger. He whipped his wand out ready to attack the large mountain giant.

Then there was a large crash and two boy voices talking. It sounded like Potter and Weasley. Severus, Minerva, and Quiller, bursted into the bathroom. Harry and Ron stood beside the unconsious giant, while Hermione was crouched down underneath the sinks. She was crying and shaking. Minerva followed Severus's eyes and gasped. "Hermione! Are you okay?" she asked frantically. Hermione got up and rushed to Minerva's open arms.

They heard Hermione gasp and try to tell them what had happened. Minerva held Hermione at arms length and gasped at the sight of her arm. It was cut badly and bleeding. Minerva looked from the boys to Hermione. She was trying to figure out what to do. She had to take these boys to Professor Dumbledore's office, but Hermione needed to see Madam Pomfrey right that moment.

Minerva looked to Severus for help. Severus cleared his throat. "Would you like me to escort Miss Granger to the hospital wing?" he asked her. Minerva nodded her head and looked at Hermione. She hugged her one last time and Hermione walked out of the bathroom with Severus. The walk to the hospital wing was silent, but soon enough Hermione was hanging onto the railing just to walk.

She was losing more and more blood. Hermione's face was as white as snow and she fainted. Severus rushed to her side and tried to get her to stay awake. Severus scooped Hermione into his arms and carried her to the hospital wing. He begged Madam Pomfrey to help her immediatley. Madam Pomfrey began to heal Hermione with ever elixer, and spell to stop the bleeding. Soon enough, Hermione was healed, but unconsious.

Her clothes were bloodsoaked and her face was still very pale, but her color was returning. Severus took her hand in his and stroked her fingers gently, not wanting to wake her. Minerva came into the hospital wing and Severus left for his chambers. He changed his clothes and climbed into his bed. For the first time ever, he actually shed a tear...