Chapter 13: Funny Feeling-Hermione

Once Malfoy had read her letter from Romeo out to the entire school, Hermione bursted from her seat and ran from the Great Hall not wanting everyone to see her cry.

She ran to the library, but the doors were locked. She pulled out her wand and without thinking she unlocked the door. She ran inside and sat down beside a bookcase and cried.

She hid her face in her knees. She didn't hear the footsteps approach the library and she didn't notice Professor Snape standing there until he spoke. Once he mentioned the word expulsion, she mumbled an apology.

He knelt down beside her and pulled out her letter from his pocket. He handed it to her and she took it from him. She placed it into his pocket. He told her that Malfoy could be faced with expulsion for what had happened.

She had cried a little bit more as she thought that more people would hate her for him being expelled. It surprised her when Snape rubbed her back and tried to sooth her. He told her that Malfoy deserved it.

He also mentioned her Romeo and that he loved her. She was shocked that he could have read that from those words. Hermione smiled and got up. She told him that she was grateful and had to go back to Gryffindor Tower. As she walked out of the library, she heard him tell her to wait.

She stopped and waited for him to emerge. He walked out and asked her if she was okay with him walking her back. She accepted and as they walked back. Hermione got a funny feeling in her stomach. She realized that she had never really been alone with Professor Snape before.

She ignored the feeling. After all, she was with Romeo. She loved him and he loved her. Besides, she knew better than to flirt with her professor. They reached the painting of the Fat Lady.

They said goodbye and he told her that if Malfoy gave her any trouble, she could come to him. What shocked her the most was that he called her Hermione. She even saw him smile.

She went into the commonroom to find Harry and Ron pacing. "What's wrong?" She asked them. They both came at her, their arms wide open. They pulled her into a hug.

"Hermione, thank goodness your alright!" Ron shouted as he pulled away from her. "We found something! A three headed dog, and it looks like it was guarding something!"

"What do you think its guarding?" She asked them.

Harry shrugged his shoulders. "We mentioned it to Hagrid and he said that the dog's name was Fluffy. He also told us not to worry about it. It sounds like some big secret," he told her. She nodded her head.

She yawned. "I'm tired. I think that I am gonna go to bed now," she told them. They looked at her aghast.

"Did you that not bloody hear us?!" Ron exclaimed. "There's a bloody guard dog in the school. And whatever it is guarding seems to be something that would need guarding."

Hermione raised her eyebrows. "Think about what you just said, Ron," she told him. Ron thought about it for a moment and shrugged his shoulders. She rolled her eyes, walked up the stairs, and undressed not even thinking about the other girls.

She grabbed her quill and parchment and wrote a letter back to Romeo. She felt strange writing a letter to him when she was just thinking about her professor. She shrugged that all off and continued writing her letter.

She heard someone stir in their sleep. She looked over at Lavender Brown, and turned off her light. "Do you know who he is?" She whispered to Hermione.

"What?" She replied.

"Your Romeo...do you know who he is?" She asked again. Hermione grinned in the darkness.

"No. The mystery makes it even better though," she told her. Lavender giggled.

"Sounds like he loves you," she said.

"Yeah. I know he does."

They both rolled over and fell asleep.