Chapter 7: Falling in Love with Romeo-Hermione

Hermione began to rummage through her bag for her book. She wanted to read Hogwarts A History again. She thought that it was such a charming read. She opened the book and a folded up piece of parchment fell into her lap. Carefully, she picked it up and unfolded it. She read it in her head. It was from a fellow named, Romeo.

My Dearest Hermione,

You're a beautiful flower in a land of weeds. Every moment I see you, my heart stops and is confused if it suppose to begin again. I have not felt this way in a very long time. I thought that I had lost my Juliet, but the truth is that I have found her in you. Please do not be frightened by me or my words. I merely wish to tell you that I find you quite charming and breath-taking.

I wish to ask you if you would like to be my Juliet? I know that this is all very sudden. I mean you don't know who I am or what I look like, but...I ask of you to trust me. Believe me that my motives are not to hurt you, but to love you with all my heart until the day I die.

Love,

Romeo

Hermione felt herself cry a little at Romeo's beautiful words. He thought that she was breath-taking. He wanted to be with her. Hermione wanted to tell him yes, but she didn't know who he was and she could not send him a letter by an owl. Suddenly, an owl came swooping down beside her and left a letter. She took it and unfolded it.

Do you accept my proposal of love?

Not thinking, Hermione wrote an immediate yes and sent the owl on it's way. The owl flew throught the window and it was gone. Straight to her Romeo. Hermione looked at Harry and Ron. They seemed puzzled. They began to ask questions, but Hermione waved them all off. "Don't worry about it. It is nothing," she told them as she finished her food and left for the dormitory. No one else was wondering the halls.

Something had crossed her mind. The letter had gone straight to her Romeo...hadn't it? What if it was all just a prank? What if Romeo really does want to hurt me? she thought to herself. Her eyes began to well up with tears as her brain could only produce the negative outcomes. She ran into the bathroom and locked herself into a stall. Little did she know that something big was going to happen that night.